Trip Report WA High Country - The fat lady is about to sing

Sir Homey

Level 7 Dungeon Master
Well shit, is it over already? Seems like just a couple weeks ago I was basking in the warm green glow that is PNW spring and summer.

Still, like any die-hard NW'er, you gotta get out there when the opportunity presents itself and so it went. 36F, boots on the trail an hour before sunrise, rain showers passing through, and tubing around the lake looking up at the snow level that really doesn't look that much higher..

Feeder streams are still low, the whole lake level is still low, but the water is cold and the fish are hungry. Went with a streamer for the entire day and it got crushed repeatedly. That's great of course, but the cherry on top all this was being the only car at the trailhead when I arrived and departed. Not another person on the trail or the water. Now that I like.

ebt.jpg

hawaiian wahine.jpg

hints.jpg

hints2.jpg

hints3.jpg

morning hues.jpg

minty.jpg

snaggletooth.jpg
rosy.jpg

snaggletooth2.jpg

Merle

Not New, Just rarely post...
Nice work and good job getting out there in the colder fall weather.

Good looking streamer, what pattern is it?

Sir Homey

Level 7 Dungeon Master
Nice work and good job getting out there in the colder fall weather.

Good looking streamer, what pattern is it?
Regarding the fly. It is not a tie of my own and I found it while scrounging through some old fly boxes. It caught my eye as I was thinking a fly with some flash would be the ticket. I fish a sinking line and have been grooving on unweighted streamer types lately. It was a dark overcast day so my hope was the fish would be emboldened to give chase if they caught a glimpse of some sparkle.

I am impressed as well - extremely nice sized Brookie, Browns, and Rainbows in a hike in lake - wow - you found the mother load.

Latest posts