Trip Report Rogue River madness

Nothing wrong with that. Just feel like people these days imply that you must kill them not matter what. I personally don’t like the taste. So I let them go.

Tight lines bud! ;)
I’d not ever force someone to kill something they didn’t want to. The fish I just got there 2 days ago was still very much bright enough for me to want to harvest it. Had it been darker or a boot I’d have said no gracias and sent it back on it’s way

winxp_man

Steelhead Bum
I’d not ever force someone to kill something they didn’t want to. The fish I just got there 2 days ago was still very much bright enough for me to want to harvest it. Had it been darker or a boot I’d have said no gracias and sent it back on it’s way
At least you do it right haha. Seen some guys take zombies, and I mean had patches on them! Hahaha! My brother takes bright fish here and there. But yes the whole thing was not on you. I was typing in general to to people that will say kill all the hatchery. It makes a difference.

I tell them as long as there is a damn hatchery on the river hatchery fish will be in the system. You want to break that cycle well take out the hatchery and let the population replenish itself from the wild stock. And as hatchery are kept less and less will show up.

Anyways..... the past four years have been really good for my brother and I up there! The last two years we started fishing lower in the river and it pays off! And 90% of the fish landed where wild fish. ;)

At least you do it right haha. Seen some guys take zombies, and I mean had patches on them! Hahaha! My brother takes bright fish here and there. But yes the whole thing was not on you. I was typing in general to to people that will say kill all the hatchery. It makes a difference.

I tell them as long as there is a damn hatchery on the river hatchery fish will be in the system. You want to break that cycle well take out the hatchery and let the population replenish itself from the wild stock. And as hatchery are kept less and less will show up.

Anyways..... the past four years have been really good for my brother and I up there! The last two years we started fishing lower in the river and it pays off! And 90% of the fish landed where wild fish. ;)
I’m at about 50/50 native / hatchery

GAT

Dumbfounded
Can someone, more learned than me, explain this idiocy?
I'm not more learned than you but there are some rabid anti-hatchery folks out there ... chances are, they are not gear anglers. From what I can tell, the gear guys love hatchery fish because they can take them and it pisses them off when they catch a native and must let it go.

Strange times....

Latest posts