Kamloops or Montana

Planning a trip to one or the other. Looking for recommendations. Will be three of us. We would do a couple days guided and then freelance on are own. We can bring pontoon boats if needed. Thanks in advance.

Matt Hutch

Well, I'm no expert since I haven't been to Kamloops but from what I've been told and what I've read the thang to do there is fish stillwater for big fatties. So if you want to fish rivers maybe Kamloops isn't the place to go.

PeteM

I love Kamloops for lakes and Montana for rivers and it has many quality lakes. Kamloops being closer makes it a tough call. Depends on time and what type of fishing you are looking for.

kmac

Yep. Like they said. I'd go for Montana this time of year. I go to BC for spring and early summer stillwater fishing. Then hit the rivers late summer and fall.

Craig, MT. Is a wonder and there is both river and lake fishing there that produces fat, athletic fish in the 18 to 22 range all day long. I don't know of any river in Montana or Wyoming, that can match it for consistancy in sheer numbers or size of the fish.

I'd check with the Canadian Fisheries people to find out what's opened or closed before I made a trip to Kamloops. It's a beautiful area but there are places closed and regulations that might not favor your trip. Montana on the other hand is much easier to get information on. Check before you drive.

Buzzy

Craig, MT. Is a wonder and there is both river and lake fishing there that produces fat, athletic fish in the 18 to 22 range all day long. I don't know of any river in Montana or Wyoming, that can match it for consistancy in sheer numbers or size of the fish.
What @Wyobee says.....^ When I was in Craig this past May, the river was quite high but was still fishing. @Old406Kid shared some information (of course, after I got home) about "reservoir" and "lake" fishing in the area. Some GREAT brown and rainbow trout.....

Latest posts