Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Metal Fish Art

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  PeterGrand 
#1 ·
This guy does some great work.
I had him do a replica of a 30" bull trout I caught years ago.
SF

#8 ·
From metal shop in 8th grade. First part of the project was making a metal tracing tool, so that we could produce a tracing of an image on a copper sheet. This trout is approx 6" x 8" and is usually mounted on a piece of mahogany, and hung on my wall. For some reason, the tail section came out green in my scan. But I almost like it better this way than the entire thing in regular tarnished copper. Maybe its crossing through a current seam into another dimension. I forget where I found this image....maybe from an illustration in a 1964 Outdoor Life mag.
I liked it, and it was an easy image to trace for my first project. Pretty simple
Fin Fish Organism Art Marine biology

#10 ·
From metal shop in 8th grade. First part of the project was making a metal tracing tool, so that we could produce a tracing of an image on a copper sheet. This trout is approx 6" x 8" and is usually mounted on a piece of mahogany, and hung on my wall. For some reason, the tail section came out green in my scan. But I almost like it better this way than the entire thing in regular tarnished copper. Maybe its crossing through a current seam into another dimension. I forget where I found this image....maybe from an illustration in a 1964 Outdoor Life mag.
I liked it, and it was an easy image to trace for my first project. Pretty simple
View attachment 186356
If i recall correctly ...a leather pad a sheet of copper and burnishers...always liked the feel of pressing copper sheeting...played with it a long time ago...the result certainly was not this nice, nor as relevant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.