NFR MLB Playoffs

jwg

Playoffs?
What playoffs?
It's football season now.
And it's October going on November.
Salmon season on the Columbia come and gone already.
Baseball will always be a summer sport in my mind.
J

Peyton00

Playoffs?
What playoffs?
It's football season now.
And it's October going on November.
Salmon season on the Columbia come and gone already.
Baseball will always be a summer sport in my mind.
J

For all your years, you haven't watched playoff baseball or the world series?

Did you have a father figure growing up?

Not knocking ya, just curious.

jwg

For all your years, you haven't watched playoff baseball or the world series?

Did you have a father figure growing up?

Not knocking ya, just curious.
Cincinnati Reds fan growing up and yes Dad took us to the games. Regular games in the summer, that is.

When the Reds won the series in 1975 and 1976, the series was played and over by about now. Usually series were over by mid October or shortly thereafter.

Now, the series has not even begun.

As for summer, that's when I played ball (not very well actually), and watching ball games on TV was hot summer nights with all the windows open and the occasional train whistle in the distance.

Jay

jwg

Did I mention popcorn and Coca-Cola.
Known as "pop", not "soda" in that part of the country.

Soda was something in the adults mixed drinks!

J

I hope to see a great series that goes 7 games, but it I do not see it happening. The Red Sox have pitching, hitting and defense. The Dodgers are out classed. BoSox will crush the Dodgers. Sox in 5.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
This will be the only time I will root for one of @Charles Sullivan teams.

Patriots still suck.
Fuck you Kerry! Pat's are the best.

Hopefully the Sox will be the best in baseball for the 4th time in my life. Pats have been the best 5 times. The Celtics have been the best 4 times and the Bruins 1 time. It's been a pretty good run, overall.

At least Seattle has the Storm.

Go Sox,
cds

KerryS

Ignored Member
Fuck you Kerry! Pat's are the best.

Hopefully the Sox will be the best in baseball for the 4th time in my life. Pats have been the best 5 times. The Celtics have been the best 4 times and the Bruins 1 time. It's been a pretty good run, overall.

At least Seattle has the Storm.

Go Sox,
cds
Forgot about the Bruins. I would root for the Bruins. Bring back Don Cherry.

Ken, I can understand hating the Yankees but the Dodgers?? And as for Puig, he is a one of a kind personality and a kick in the ass to watch. You never know what bonehead play or brilliant assist he will make from the outfield next. In the old days baseball had a lot of characters that were interesting to watch, not the plain vanilla run of the mill players of today that have to always say the same boring things to the TV camera. I can't recall many colorful personalities in baseball since Mark "The Bird" Fidrych years ago.

And like Charlie, I lament the uppercut swing. Strikeouts are way up as even banjo hitting infielders are swinging for the fences. As far as small ball is concerned I miss that as well, partially in decline as a result of the designated hitter rule-another home run hitter in the lineup that probably can't run.

And hitting against the shift? Why is there no attempt to thwart that taking place? If you watched the Mariners-and I did very little-you had to see Kyle Seager hitting ground ball after ground ball directly into the shift with the inevitable result. Is not the definition of stupidity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? With so many one run games every guy in the lineup should be capable of laying down a bunt dependably. Apparently sluggers feel that it is beneath their dignity to try and advance the runner to the next base-the most basic concept of the game of baseball.

Go Dodgers! They are big underdogs and I'll be pulling for them to pull off the big upset.
I agree with you Ive.

I can't remember the pitcher's name or the team he plays on, but he would yell at himself on the mound. I think he is still playing, but not 100% sure.

I am not a fan of Machado with the 2-3 stunts he pulled while base running.

IveofIone

I wouldn't get too excited about Machado, he is just a fall rental. He will sign with some other club over the winter for megabucks and they will have to deal with his bullshit. Corey Seager will be back at shortstop next spring and hopefully he has made a full recovery.

Machado is to the Dodgers what one of those little temporary spare tires is to a Honda-it'll get you there but little else.

Latest posts