Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

SFR. Lefty's Gear Up For Bids

768 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Tom House 
#1 ·
Lefty Kreh's fly fishing tackle, tying materials and tools, finished flies, spinning and casting tackle, bass plug collection, and other oddentia has been consigned to Lang's auction house for disposal. There are over a thousand lots up for bid, and it makes interesting browsing. Here is a link to the on-line information, including pix and descriptions of the lots:

https://live.langsauction.com/aucti...-lots-1-970-october-28-lots-971-1995?limit=48

Member Bxboy brought this to my attention. Thanks bud!

#6 ·
Typically the starting prices listed are rarely seen for anything of quality - they usually go for much more. In addition to paying your winning bid, the auction house will tack on their cut, and then there will be shipping on top of all that.

That being said, I have found a few gems over the years for a pretty decent price. The thing about vintage tackle prices is that they boil down to one thing; it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it at the time it is for sale. If you put it up for sale and couple guys are determined to have it you can realize some good prices. You also run the risk that at the time you list it, both those guys are on vacation and the winner is a what-the-hell-I'll-throw-up-a-low-bid guy.

#7 ·
A few years back Lefty sold some of his gear through a dealer.

I bought a Hardy Ocean Prince fly reel from him. Lefty engraved the back of it with his name (he apparently did this with a lot of his gear) and threw in one of his personally tied Deceivers.

The man had a lot of gear as you’ll see if you go to the Lang’s auction site, but I still feel fortunate to have acquired these items from one of my heroes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.