November Fly Salon - Prawn/Shrimp Patterns

Oh, CBS’s. You must be fishing in southern Sweden and on the Morrum! I’ve fished there too! A beautiful stream that reminded me of the North Umpqua. Do you get some good ones?!
I live in southern Finland on the coast, can't fish the spawn anymore on my local river. But used to get some real good ones, bought a week license last december but was blown out chocolate Milk! Try again 1st december this year!

FinLuver

Src bugs from a book on pnw patterns
I forget the name sadly. Anyone recognize these?
View attachment 183694 View attachment 183695
John,
I looked thru the following books to no avail...

Flies of the Northwest... Inland Empire Fly Fishing Club [1998]
Northwest Fly Patterns & Tying Guide... Rainland Fly Casters [2003]
Northwest Fly Fishing - Trout and Beyond... John Shewey [1992]
Fly Fishing Pacific Northwest Waters - Trout and Beyond II... John Shewey [1997]
Sea Run Cutthroat Trout... Richard K. Stoll [2017]
How To Fish For: Sea-Run Cutthroat Trout... Les Johnson [1979]
Fly-Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout... Les Johnson [2004]

Is there a book I may have missed?

Src bugs from a book on pnw patterns
I forget the name sadly. Anyone recognize these?
View attachment 183694 View attachment 183695

Top fly looks to be "South Sound Euphausiid", a pattern originated by Vern Jeremica (page 133 - Fly Fishing for Pacific Salmon II)

The bottom fly has hints of the FJ Pink, Pink Eve, or Handlebar Fly, who knows, looks fishy so what the heck!

Books I looked in:

Fly Fishing for Pacific Salmon II - Les Johnson, Bruce Ferguson
Fly Fishing for Coastal Cutthroat Trout - Les Johnson
Fly Patterns of British Columbia - Arthur Lingren

john gates

Vw Bus driving(68) God Fearing Adventure Seeker
As of a matter of fact It is a south sound euphasiid! I know I can still track down fly two. I have a little free time this morning. I'll be In touch I'm darn sure I didn't freestyle the 2nd.

steve s

I enjoy seeing all the types of shrimp and prawn patterns that everyone has shared. So many styles, profiles and colors. This will be a difficult decision and there are still a couple of weeks left. Thanks to all that have submitted so far and I look forward to seeing more submissions.
Here’s a Purple Practitioner tied on a size 2 McNeese.

Attachments

FinLuver

I enjoy seeing all the types of shrimp and prawn patterns that everyone has shared. So many styles, profiles and colors. This will be a difficult decision and there are still a couple of weeks left. Thanks to all that have submitted so far and I look forward to seeing more submissions.
Here’s a Purple Practitioner tied on a size 2 McNeese.
Boy... and I thought I had a difficult one.

[ps: ...ya still Thankin' me? :D]