Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Snow

NFR 
2K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
Woke up to 4" of snow this morning. Wife is paranoid as is my one granddaughter. Oh, snow I can't drive in it I might wreck the car again. And it's election day here in Montana. I think Mother nature wanted something to drive the people nuts. And this is it. I'm laughing my ass off because of it.

#2 ·
After all of the big winds last week, I just have "leaf drifts." But it's reasonably calm today, so I'll fill-up the can space I have remaining. I offered to clean the leaves for the new (and worthless) neighbors next door if they would provide a can to dump the vacuum leaf bag into. Their answer? "We won't have time to move a <wheeled> trash can over there." Translation: "F you. We'll just wait for them to blow over to your house like we've been doing." Their surprise? A visit from the city Code Compliance officer and their landlord.

#13 ·
Day 2. We explored a different zone but found a lot of the same goodness as Saturday.

The objective was this little sneak to the right called Peter's Point. I can't believe we are even attempting to ski this shit in early November.

We ended up making it about halfway up. The snow was just too deep.

But these are the conditions that make us all look good.

#17 ·
Headed south today to check out a new area. Turned out to be a pretty cool spot with lots of little chutes, sneaks, open powder fields and just good fun.

We dug a pit down low, found no instability and decided to move higher. My buddy Jerry laid down the skin track.

Looking back down the valley

Got up higher on the slope and did one more assessment. ECTX again. The snowpack looks great.

So we let 'er rip.

The skiing was definitely good enough for couple of laps

#satisfied

#23 ·
Hahahaha... It occurred to me that i sometimes I don't always know how to take OMJ when he is so expertly performing in his role as the resident curmudgeon .
And I also don't always know to take Swimmy with his over the top exuberance about his Martha Stewart home decorating. To me they appear to be the antithesis of each other.

One thing i do know. They both entertain in completely different ways. And i think it would be hilarious to fish with both of them at the same time.

#29 ·
Well we got dumped on again last night. The snow that helped the Dawgs win, came here last night and gave is about 6 inches of powder. We never seem to get that wet shit that falls all over Western Washington. Always powder. It makes it easier to clean up. You can just sweep it away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.