You ever whittle a fish?

bakerite

This one was done for me by my dear friend Frank Rowlee who lived just around the corner in Edmonds. We took many trips to Storm and Pass Lakes, his two favorites, when I was in my 20's and he was in his 80's. He was the shop teacher and track coach at Ballard High School of many years, would go to their 50 year class reunion every year and convinced me to back to school to get my teaching degree. This is entitled "A Pass Lake Trout" and was done from a picture in Enos Bradner's Northwest Angling (on page 18). DSCF0634.JPG

My great grandfather, Niklaus Jaggi, was born in Switzerland in 1862, and came to the US sometime in the 1880’s. He carved this out of a single piece of wood probably a hundred or so years ago, and I inherited it from my great uncle nearly 40 years ago. Originally, there was a line attached to the end of the rod which had a fly caught on the bottom of the jacket, but somewhere along the road that got lost. This is one of my most prized possessions. (The bent fishing rod is not wood. It’s copper.)

7A1EE83A-3E27-4919-8C9C-CE44EAB785DA.jpeg

Randy Lindahl

Paintin' or Fishin'
My great grandfather, Niklaus Jaggi, was born in Switzerland in 1862, and came to the US sometime in the 1880’s. He carved this out of a single piece of wood probably a hundred or so years ago, and I inherited it from my great uncle nearly 40 years ago. Originally, there was a line attached to the end of the rod which had a fly caught on the bottom of the jacket, but somewhere along the road that got lost. This is one of my most prized possessions. (The bent fishing rod is not wood. It’s copper.)

View attachment 183507
A True Classic!!!

Latest posts