El Niño + Pacific Ocean Blob

FinLuver

And that doesn’t account for all the feedback loops within the system e.g., warmer temps melt permafrost, which releases more methane, which warms things further etc etc. so many similar feedback loops. Frightening stuff.
Only for the scared and weak of heart...
When Greenland was green will soon again be a spectacular sight!!
Nature's work at her finest. :)

smc

Interesting response. How is it possible that the 38,200,000,000 tons of CO2 that we release into the atmosphere every year would not warm the planet?
0 = 0 so that would actually be 382 tons. I read that in a blog. Science baby. All those zeros are just fake news and sad. :rolleyes:

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Only for the scared and weak of heart...
When Greenland was green will soon again be a spectacular sight!!
Nature's work at her finest. :)
I spent a year in Greenland. There was an A/F base there, Thule, and I was in the Army. It will take a long time for that ice to melt and turn it green again. Where I was stationed at it was ice and snow all summer long. Hell one day the temps even got up to 40 degrees F. And it rained. But at night it got cold and everything froze back up. Shit, that was a long time ago.

Why did you say we. As if the USA is the only polluter.
The only country that puts more CO2 into the atmosphere than the United States is China. We emit 15% of the world's annual total. We're not the only polluter, but we're one of the biggest and we have the technology to be much better than we are.

Latest posts