FS/T A Few Fly Selections

Matt Hutch

Cleaning out the closet...

Know someone who's just getting into fly fishing and doesn't have much to spend? This could be helpful:
IMG_5809.jpg
These are mostly flies that were given to me by a friend when I first got into fly fishing over a decade ago. I can't tell you exactly what's in here but just eyeballing I see everything from fly shop-quality flies to "Baby's First Fly Tying Kit". I also tossed a couple dozen more flies into this pile after taking the picture but I can't summon up the effort to take another picture. Since most of these were given to me for free I'd like to pass along the good karma. Give me $10 to cover shipping and compensation for the intense labor that went into this post and they're yours.

Well that went fast.

Just Getting Into Fly Fishing Bass Edition:
IMG_5810.jpg
The much-anticipated sequel! Similar game plan here--a handful of flies that were professionally-tied and some of my teenage experiments like those flies with stupid little propellers that you could use to ruin my reputation some day when I'm an established professional seeking a prestigious position. A few of these look like flies for coho salmon to me but I know a few bass that would eat them. Throw me $15 and they're yours.

Good samaritan prices deactivated here:

IMG_5813.jpg
Egg suckers! And a couple wogs for good measure. These are all flies that came from a shop and were professionally tied. $15 and they is yours. These done been sold.

Going to Alaska? Want to reap the benefits of plastic beads without having to admit that your methods are...unsound (name that book/movie!)? Take these to fit in with the local hacks on the Kenai:
IMG_5811.jpg
Note the 3-stage dumbell eye flies in the bottom left. That would look awesome hanging from the brim of your hat when you waltz into the local bar to establish your angling prowess. These are all shop flies. 18 big boys and 7 little guys. $40 shipped. $30 shipped.

And, finally, Jerry Goes To Mexico:
IMG_5755.jpg
Most of these are shop flies but if one has a fat slightly amateurish head then I tied it. My flies are otherwise perfectly serviceable so don't go thinkin that I was implying that my flies suck. 40 flies total. $65 shipped for these fellers. $50 shipped.

Also. Trades! I need a 3 wt line. I'm also into fly tying materials. High quality feathers and furs are nice. None of that stuff for tying size 32 midge dries, though! I mostly tie streamers and steelhead/salmon flies. You know, things that are actually fun to tie.

Shoot me a PM if you have an offer or a question.

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Matt Hutch

Bump with a couple price drops and these fun items added:

IMG_5822.jpg
IMG_5825.jpg
Hooks top to bottom

Mustad 36890 3/0 25 Pcs. $8 shipped

Mustad 36890 4 100 Pcs. $20 shipped

Hooks on the bottom are unidentified. They look like mustards to me with that big honkin' barb. Turns out some dingus put two sizes of hooks in the same box. I've attached a close-up pic with a 36890 size 4 for reference. There are 17 of the bigger random hooks and 20 of the little guys. Throw me $5 for the 17 and $6 for the 20, or $9 for both. That includes shipping.

Tying Stuffs

Pearsall's Gossamer silk claret...this is, as I found after ordering, not the stuff you use to make bodies on flies. It's basically thread. $5 shipped

Pearsall's Marabou silk. This is the stuff you use to make fly bodies. I just have an extra. $5 shipped.

Partridge 55mm V1B Waddington shanks. Black. $8 shipped.