FS 1992 F150 with low miles -guaging interest (possible trades)

1992 F150 XLT 4x4 extended cab

With the kid getting big, and my fishing buddies getting bigger, the back seat of my beloved F150 is just not quite what I need anymore. I bought this truck in 2013 from the original owner and it's been very, very good to me. one of those I said I'd never part with.

Never hot rodded, off-roaded (other than crawling around dirt roads and boat launch accesses)

But... I think the time has come. My plan is to sell it for something like a mid 2000s Suburban or Expedition. Open to trades on something like that, or hoping for $4k cash.

5.0L V8
Automatic
Short bed

101,000mi - very low mileage for a truck this age

interior is a 9/10 - almost like new. very nice, comfy bucket seats in the front.

Includes Canopy

Wrangler Tires have lots of life left

Exterior - a few paint flaws on the hood (basically sap markings from a tree it got parked under a few years ago). A dent right above the passenger side running board, behind the door. It's not super small, but I typically forget it's there.

I can get more photos in a few days. I took it to the shop for service and have it looked over to make sure it's healthy for the next guy. I'll post up the couple I have to show it.

Any questions, please feel free to shoot me a message. This is not something I'm in a huge hurry to dump off on someone, so there is no urgency on my end. Just trying to see what kind of interest there is on it so I can make up my mind.

Attachments

Last edited:
This should have sold by now-$4,000 won't even pay the tax on a new extended cab 4X4!
Haha, seriously. I should probably list it for 5, but I can't find much to back up that kind of request as far as current listings. All I know is I haven't seen another 4x4 in its condition on the market.

Anything less than that, and I probably will opt to just hang on to it. I'm going to be replacing it with a vehicle I'm not going to have the same kind of fondness for, but it's what I need right now.

Rob Allen

Haha, seriously. I should probably list it for 5, but I can't find much to back up that kind of request as far as current listings. All I know is I haven't seen another 4x4 in its condition on the market.

Anything less than that, and I probably will opt to just hang on to it. I'm going to be replacing it with a vehicle I'm not going to have the same kind of fondness for, but it's what I need right now.
What makes old fords valuable is being diesel. That's a nice looking truck.

No worries. I’m on the east coast and I was just out in Oregon and I was thinking I should buy a truck out there and drive it back because everything out here looks like hell.