Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

1992 F150 with low miles -guaging interest (possible trades)

FS 
3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Poopy McButtfart 
#1 · (Edited)
1992 F150 XLT 4x4 extended cab

With the kid getting big, and my fishing buddies getting bigger, the back seat of my beloved F150 is just not quite what I need anymore. I bought this truck in 2013 from the original owner and it's been very, very good to me. one of those I said I'd never part with.

Never hot rodded, off-roaded (other than crawling around dirt roads and boat launch accesses)

But... I think the time has come. My plan is to sell it for something like a mid 2000s Suburban or Expedition. Open to trades on something like that, or hoping for $4k cash.

5.0L V8
Automatic
Short bed

101,000mi - very low mileage for a truck this age

interior is a 9/10 - almost like new. very nice, comfy bucket seats in the front.

Includes Canopy

Wrangler Tires have lots of life left

Exterior - a few paint flaws on the hood (basically sap markings from a tree it got parked under a few years ago). A dent right above the passenger side running board, behind the door. It's not super small, but I typically forget it's there.

I can get more photos in a few days. I took it to the shop for service and have it looked over to make sure it's healthy for the next guy. I'll post up the couple I have to show it.

Any questions, please feel free to shoot me a message. This is not something I'm in a huge hurry to dump off on someone, so there is no urgency on my end. Just trying to see what kind of interest there is on it so I can make up my mind.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Haha, seriously. I should probably list it for 5, but I can't find much to back up that kind of request as far as current listings. All I know is I haven't seen another 4x4 in its condition on the market.

Anything less than that, and I probably will opt to just hang on to it. I'm going to be replacing it with a vehicle I'm not going to have the same kind of fondness for, but it's what I need right now.

#17 ·
I love that year and body style. I looked pretty hard for years for a similar style but never found one as clean as this with the miles and the price you are asking. After awhile our needs out grew a supercab and I decided a crew cab was needed. So after a lot of searching, we found a local 1995 1 ton with a diesel.

That truck and boat package would make a great combo for a guide starting out...or even a potential upgrade to what they already have.

#19 ·
I think you're underestimating the value of this truck. PNW trucks are in demand as they don't rust like in the snow belt. Trucks like this in California have been "Bro'd" with oversized tires, offset wheels, led light bars and generally f'd up.
I'd detail it and pay someone $200 for numerous good pictures, including undercarriage and list it on Bringatrailer.com for $50 with a $6K reserve.
Here's a link to what comparable have been selling for, not a lot of 4WD.
https://bringatrailer.com/search/ford+f-150/

#22 ·
Oops I accidentally deleted my photos I added.

Once I get it all cleaned up and actually photographed, I may try listing it on a few sites for more money. See what happens.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.