NFR 2018 all out Xmas/Holiday Bash!!

JACKspASS

Just looking at that photo, my wreath needs a bigger bow.
Looks great, Swimmy. A silver bow would look great next to the vase with the fern fronds. Is there a formula out there for matching bow size to wreaths? I see alot of wreaths with under and oversized bows. Just goes to show us, there is always room for improvement leading up to the most wonderful time of year

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
I went ahead and threw together a little mantle decor. A couple of the pieces will be replaced but this will get me through the Thanksgiving holiday.

Yes! Your wreath needs a bigger bow Swimmy. Your mantle is really pretty but the minimalist in me says you have to many things on the mantel. The big silver vase on the left is really beautiful but because of it’s size it is competing with your wreath. I would put it somewhere else. ;)

I get our real tree on Saturday. Can’t wait!

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
Dear Mr. Swimmy,

HELP me please! I am in desperate need of your advice.

I just got the following email from PayPal which said “Get return shipping on us, if the decor doesn’t fit your door.”

So, I removed my front door and sent it back to the manufacturer.

Now my question is, how do I keep my house warm over the holidays until my new door arrives?

View attachment 184277
Hahaha! The bow on THAT door is definitely too small.

I shouldn’t be here right now. I’m procrastinating about starting my cooking for today!

Grayone

Fishin' to the end, Oc.P
Yes! Your wreath needs a bigger bow Swimmy. Your mantle is really pretty but the minimalist in me says you have to many things on the mantel. The big silver vase on the left is really beautiful but because of it’s size it is competing with your wreath. I would put it somewhere else. ;)

I get our real tree on Saturday. Can’t wait!
Yep that mantle is a little HORNY

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
Your mantle is really pretty but the minimalist in me says you have to many things on the mantel.
Agreed. I pulled the antlers and they are on my coffee table. The ornaments in the vases will most likely end up getting replaced or I might just move the one in the middle somewhere else.

The big silver vase on the left is really beautiful but because of it’s size it is competing with your wreath. I would put it somewhere else.
Also agree. But she likes it there so might just have to go with it.

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
Agreed. I pulled the antlers and they are on my coffee table. The ornaments in the vases will most likely end up getting replaced or I might just move the one in the middle somewhere else.

Also agree. But she likes it there so might just have to go with it.
Hahaha... i was going to say that you should remove the antlers but you’re a dude and that’s just MY thing. (My husband has a cribbage set made from antlers but i refuse to play on it.) I do think the vase competes with the wreath. What if you took down the wreath, put it somewhere else and leaned a winter painting/photo scene in its place?

Something like this : 9D6069FB-5C00-4FEC-B0CD-A0EBF07EEE80.jpeg

JACKspASS

Dammit, you guys...... That's why I requested a silver bow on the wreath, it would make the vase not stand out so much. It would really tie in the mantle. A little early season jitters is all....

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
Got my Christmas tree today! Can’t wait to put it up. It’s acclimating in the garage right now. I might put just the lights on it tomorrow after the football game. I’ll post photos later.

Latest posts