NFR 2018 all out Xmas/Holiday Bash!!

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
@Skip Enge ... posting synchronicity. I totally suffer from this!

What is bugging me that i have more lights at the top than i do at the bottom. And here’s what happened about those #[email protected]&ing lights. I used to always plug the lights in and start at the bottom of the tree and wind my way up but I read that you are supposed to start at the top. So i did this year. And dammit if i didn’t get to the bottom, stupid me, i did it backwards and ended up with the female plug and had no way to plug them in so i had to start all over. I blame my frustration on the fact that they are not as even as i usually do.

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
Thank you @Salmo_g ! But it’s really not a great job. With my slight OCD issues, I’m having so much trouble keeping it straight. I do like how it looks when the lights are off. Here is something I’ve done over the years. I make thumbnail prints of photos taken of the year and string them together with fishing tippet. I’ve also done this for my nieces and nephews which i add to as their own kids get older. In addition to that i put a photo of every loved one who has died in the tree in memory. I am thankful each year when i don’t have to add one.

AF62663A-6349-44C1-9920-F8063364552F.jpeg

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
Oops i see a crooked icicle in the bottom left corner. I am a masochist to do this to myself....adding tinsel. Less is better i think! It has to be or i will lose my mind!

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
Hahaha Skip! I put “Trout Fear Me” cause that’s what i tell myself since i don’t catch that many on the Yakima.

I probably told this story before here. I used to have a Christmas Tree decorating party where i would have my brothers and their wives and some friends over and i would make a pit pot of chili or dirty rice and they would all help me hang the ornaments. My brothers once looked for all the same kind of ornaments, all red ones or all the same star ones and hung them all clustered together in the back of the tree on one limb just to drive me crazy. And when i wasn’t in the room my youngest brother would also slightly move all my pictures on the wall, just a teeny tiny bit, so i wouldn’t notice right away. I always did notice though the next day. It was pretty funny.

When i was a little girl and they had the big colored lights in only red, blue, green, white and yellow i would spend a couple of hours trying to make no two red ones or no two green ones close together!

Hahaha Skip! I put “Trout Fear Me” cause that’s what i tell myself since i don’t catch that many on the Yakima.

I probably told this story before here. I used to have a Christmas Tree decorating party where i would have my brothers and their wives and some friends over and i would make a pit pot of chili or dirty rice and they would all help me hang the ornaments. My brothers once looked for all the same kind of ornaments, all red ones or all the same star ones and hung them all clustered together in the back of the tree on one limb just to drive me crazy. And when i wasn’t in the room my youngest brother would also slightly move all my pictures on the wall, just a teeny tiny bit, so i wouldn’t notice right away. I always did notice though the next day. It was pretty funny.

When i was a little girl and they had the big colored lights in only red, blue, green, white and yellow i would spend a couple of hours trying to make no two red ones or no two green ones close together!
OCD...
oddly curious dame...

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
I'm busily arming myself for the 'War on Christmas'
So far I have elves with cookies, a fleet of drones that drop candy canes, along with 2 poodles wearing Christmas collars....

Bring. It. On.

Porter

It’s still to damn early for this Xmas fever.... imho.

I like to wait until kids home or done from school. 15th-17th this year. Then go hog wild. And I like it down January 2nd. Time to move on.......

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
I did a craft thingie! ( I actually hate doing craft thingies.) But i saw this on Pinterest while looking for something else. It’s a great use of old Christmas cards. I cut out a cardboard triangle and then used it as a template to cut out cool parts of old cards. Then i strung them together using a needle and 4X tippet. I thought if i didn’t have enough triangle pieces i would shorten it and put it on the mantle but it turned out accidentally exact size for slider! I like having them in front of the glass lights. 9C966FAC-1890-4A2D-BBF8-62CC25C6AE3B.jpeg

Hahaha... i’m Trying to give @Swimmy a run for his money!

Last edited:

Latest posts