Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

2018 all out Xmas/Holiday Bash!!

NFR 
8K views 148 replies 34 participants last post by  Skip Enge 
#1 ·
I promised Melissa I wouldn't put anything out until at least Thanksgiving week but I'm having a hard time staying patient and went ahead and got things out of storage. While doing so I may or may not have been drinking cinnamon tea and listening to Holiday traditions on Sirius.

Man I can't wait to kick off this year's holiday season! Who's with me?!?!

See less See more
#12 ·
We used to spend thousands on gifts for our large extended family. We're not going there this year.
The whole gifting thing makes the holidays unpleasant for a lot of people.

I try to give experiences rather than "stuff." This year I got the kids passes to Big Sky. Figure it will be a way for us to spend time together as a family. I dig those kind of gifts.

I'm also getting the arrangements of Christmas classics I play on guitar back into the repotoire.
You should video a couple and post 'em here.

#10 ·
Picked up a few things at Costco last night, wreaths and ornaments. Gonna pull all the Christmas stuff out of the garage this weekend. I'm with @Swimmy ... It's game time I'm also getting the arrangements of Christmas classics I play on guitar back into the repotoire. We're hosting a Christmas open house this year

#20 ·
I am TOTALLY in @Swimmy ! We are getting our Christmas tree Thanksgiving weekend. (It will acclimate in our garage for a couple of days and I plan to get it up before November 30, which is kind of early for me.

No fake trees for us! We used to go cut it down at a tree farm but we found a place that gets great nobles and other exotic hybrids and they put them in water immediately. This has helped because i used to have to get up in the middle of the night around 1 or 2 am to put more water in a freshly cut tree. It's weird too that the ones we cut down never lasted as long as the ones we get now, in spite of my watering it like a newborn baby.

I love the weeks before Christmas the most!

#32 ·
I gave all my Christmas decorations to the Goodwill years ago. Don’t miss decorating or putting up a tree one bit.
Black Friday has ruined the best holiday, where you can just sit around and eat, drink, watch football and fish for four days.

Christmas trees displayed at Costco in September....that shit starts way to early for my liking.

I’ve been accused of being the reason we don’t have a company Christmas party any longer, lol.

Happy holidays! :D
SF

#33 ·
I .

I've been accused of being the reason we don't have a company Christmas party any longer, lol.

Happy holidays! :D
SF
Certainly there are lesser accomplishments in life, and that is a worthy one in my view.

I myself was cause for the end of the company open bar policy at a Christmas party about 3 decades ago.....i guess 25.00 shots were considered excessive in the mid 80's when ordered by the dozen.....but a fine time was had by all...rest assured.

#54 · (Edited)
OHMY! I LOVE THIS TOO Skip! I think this is my favorite song you have ever put up on the forum. Is there an album? I want it! Edited to add that i liked this so much that i played it twice and now i'm going to Google this dude. Edited to add one more time. I listened to it again and I am sending it to my husband's blues band who is playing a Christmas gig next month, though they might not have enough time to learn this, but it's in their wheelhouse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.