Thanksgiving Eats

How about some good, I mean really good, eggnog!?? It's easy, and nobody turns it down!
Start with 12 egg yolks
Add 1 pound of granulated sugar
Add 1 fifth of good bourbon whiskey-I use Jack Daniels
Stir it together completely and set in a cool place, covered, for 48 hours. No salmonella here, as the whiskey takes care of that issue.
When you're ready to serve, whip 1/2 gallon of whipping cream, not whipped cream, until it just begins to set (thicken). Fold in the whiskey and egg mixture, add some nutmeg to taste, and designate a driver! A few years back, we let our pooch lick the cups (This was on Christmas eve,) and he didn't get out of his bed until 2PM on Christmas day. Enjoy! View attachment 183833
Always thought of EggNog as a XMAS thing.... I guess we are close enough .... nice fly

Grayone

Fishin' to the end, Oc.P
A simple dessert. Mince up a variety of your favorite dried fruit. About 1/4 cup. Place in a small glass bowl. Add 3/4 cup of balsamic vinegar. For this I prefer balsamic in the 4 range of acid, not in the 6 as most are. Set on the counter and stir a couple times a day for 3 to 4 days. It will reduce. Serve it spooned over your favorite vanilla ice cream.

Latest posts