FS Custom-machined Wading Staffs

herkileez

WFF Supporter
Riverstick wading staffs:
Common complaints with most folding wading staffs are that they get stuck, vibrate in the current, or wear out…Not this one…This is the sturdiest, most durable folding wading staff I have seen.
I have developed, tested and refined the design on my local rivers over the past 8 yrs. The 6061 marine-grade aluminum machined inserts and heavy-walled tubing are designed to be easily self-maintainable, over the long term, with off-the-shelf grips and tips. The bungee cord tension can easily be adjusted by popping the tip off and knotting the cord as needed. A hammer loop (included) has proven to be the perfect holster, making the staff easy to draw/reload with one hand. It includes a wrist strap and a ring just below the grip for clipping onto a retractor to let it hang extended. At 1 lb 10 ozs, it is solid, and built to last. The standard length is 53”, and I can do custom lengths to suit at no extra charge.
I am offering them, with holster, for $95 plus $20 shipping = $115 usd total.
Please pm me for more details.

rs 5.jpg rs 6.jpg w 3.JPG

winknot

Riverstick wading staffs:
Common complaints with most folding wading staffs are that they get stuck, vibrate in the current, or wear out…Not this one…This is the sturdiest, most durable folding wading staff I have seen.
I have developed, tested and refined the design on my local rivers over the past 8 yrs. The 6061 marine-grade aluminum machined inserts and heavy-walled tubing are designed to be easily self-maintainable, over the long term, with off-the-shelf grips and tips. The bungee cord tension can easily be adjusted by popping the tip off and knotting the cord as needed. A hammer loop (included) has proven to be the perfect holster, making the staff easy to draw/reload with one hand. It includes a wrist strap and a ring just below the grip for clipping onto a retractor to let it hang extended. At 1 lb 10 ozs, it is solid, and built to last. The standard length is 53”, and I can do custom lengths to suit at no extra charge.
I am offering them, with holster, for $95 plus $20 shipping = $115 usd total.
Please pm me for more details.
I would like to order one of your staffs.
Am i correct they are all 4 piece regardless of overall length?

I don't need ... or want the holster although it looks great.

Let me verify the length I would like....
Q: Do they float up at all?
I have used a wood one piece for 15 years and have added several stainless bolts to keep it down and away from line on the water...works most of the time depending of course on the current.

Johnathon Quarrell

Yup I’ve been meaning to get on spey pages and order one for my dad as a Christmas gift, this is perfect. I would like to order one as well, so when I have a chance to get away from the fam tomorrow I will PM you.

herkileez

WFF Supporter
I would like to order one of your staffs.
Am i correct they are all 4 piece regardless of overall length?
I don't need ... or want the holster although it looks great.Let me verify the length I would like....
Q: Do they float up at all?
I have used a wood one piece for 15 years and have added several stainless bolts to keep it down and away from line on the water...works most of the time depending of course on the current.
Yes, they are all 4 pce.
I build them to each customers' preferred length. Rule of thumb: 5'8" - 5'10" = 52",
5'11" - 6' 2" = 53", 6'3" - 6'5"= 54-56". A good measure is to top of waders with boots on.
I keep the staff tethered to my hip with a retractor. The staff sinks due to the mass of the tubing, with no tip weight required.
Hammer loops have been carrying hammers, unchanged, for 100+ years. It has proven to be the perfect holster, but I can leave it out if desired.
I chose to use off-the-shelf components as much as possible, so that the staff would be totally self-maintainable, and should last a lifetime.

Darby

I received mine today. I rely on my staff pretty heavily and have never really found one that fit my needs. There's no doubt this one will, it's solid and custom built to my height. Super pleased and money well spent. Highly recommend!

tiptop

I would like one too, I sent you a private message I think.
Thanks,
Tom in Powell, OH

Last edited:

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I was intrigued and purchased one of these; it arrived this morning, complete with an extra tip. This is a robust, high-quality, lifetime product (I'd make the same statement if I were still my 20's versus 70's, lol, but it will most definitely serve to better keep this old fart right side up.). Needless to say, my venerable old Simms staff has been re-purposed to "loaner" status.

Nice work, Rick @herkileez !

gofish101

I purchased one months ago. It was money well spent. I never go anywhere without it. I have used it for wading and for just a walking stick and the holster it great. Highly recommend.

NCL

I have one of these staffs that I bought last year and it is fabulous. I ended up selling my Simm's staff for lack of use. If you are thinking about one of these staff they are worth every penny.

herkileez

WFF Supporter
I just had someone ask if I can do a full-length, one-piece staff. The answer is, Yes...I have done a couple, of the same aluminum tubing as the 4-pce staffs, minus the inserts, but with same tip, grip, etc. My price would be $80 usd..shipping to be determined, as the shipping tube would be somewhat overlength...again, custom lengths to suit. Please pm for more info.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts