FS Riverstick Custom-machined Wading Staffs

cmann886

Jim; I’ve been looking at these for quite awhile, based on your recommendation, I think I will order one. You haven’t steered me wrong yet.

Cal

Kolledog

WFF Premium
Rick,
Got the staff today, thanks. I love it. It's a beast. Gonna sell my wimpy and expensive Simms staff. Never really liked the Simms. I'm 63 and not as steady on my pins as I was when I was younger. The Simms never really instilled confidence. When I would get out in a fast current up to my crotch, the Simms would start quavering and vibrating (just like my knees). Your rugged, highly-crafted staff is going to help!
JK

MT_Flyfisher

I got my new wading staff a couple days ago. It is very nice, just as everyone else has already said. Thanks.

The only thing that I plan to change, however, is that I’ll be getting a different hammer holder/holster for the wading staff. The Simms wading belt’s that I have with my Simms G3 waders are too wide to fit through the belt loop on the holder that came with the wading staff. (I could probably just cut the leather on the hammer holder so the Simms belt would fit, but a new holder only costs a few dollars.) I have narrower wading belts, but I really like the beefier Simms belt which I think is better suited to hold this heavy wading staff.

John

Last edited:

herkileez

WFF Premium
I got my new wading staff a couple days ago. It is very nice, just as everyone else has already said. Thanks.

The only thing that I plan to change, however, is that I’ll be getting a different hammer holder/holster for the wading staff. The Simms wading belt’s that I have with my Simms G3 waders are too wide to fit through the belt loop on the holder that came with the wading staff. (I could probably just cut the leather on the hammer holder so the Simms belt would fit, but a new holder only costs a few dollars.) I have narrower wading belts, but I really like the beefier Simms belt which I think is better suited to hold this heavy wading staff.

John
The loop on many store hammer holders is slightly larger than the one I use for my staff, so please try the others before you buy. I use a wide, backsaver wading belt, cinched tight, and a separate 2" belt for my staff, for the added insurance of two belts.

Bob Smith

WFF Premium
I just received my new wading staff in today's mail. It's as well built as advertised and I cannot wait to try it out. Heck - even the holster is stout and made in Canada! Thanks Rick!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info