FS Riverstick Custom-machined Wading Staffs

otolith4475

Riverstick wading staffs:
Common complaints with most folding wading staffs are that they get stuck, vibrate in the current, or wear out…Not this one…This is the sturdiest, most durable folding wading staff I have seen.
I have developed, tested and refined the design on my local rivers over the past 8 yrs. The 6061 marine-grade aluminum machined inserts and heavy-walled tubing are designed to be easily self-maintainable, over the long term, with off-the-shelf grips and tips. The bungee cord tension can easily be adjusted by popping the tip off and knotting the cord as needed. A hammer loop (included) has proven to be the perfect holster, making the staff easy to draw/reload with one hand. It includes a wrist strap and a ring just below the grip for clipping onto a retractor to let it hang extended. At 1 lb 10 ozs, it is solid, and built to last. The standard length is 53”, and I can do custom lengths to suit at no extra charge.
I am offering them, with holster, for $95 plus $20 shipping = $115 usd total.
Please pm me for more details.

View attachment 184432 View attachment 184433 View attachment 184434
I would like to order one please.

Reactions: et

Timson

I have a short Minkota on mine. Great Product If you could attach a damn big scud hook on the side, you could roll logs like a peevee.Mine is very stable.

Last edited:

Kolledog

WFF Supporter
How many of these have you made by now? Still loving mine after two years of constant use. Haven't fallen in yet. Crap! Why did I say that? Did I just jinx myself?

herkileez

WFF Supporter
How many of these have you made by now? Still loving mine after two years of constant use. Haven't fallen in yet. Crap! Why did I say that? Did I just jinx myself?

Thanks K...You may find, as you get older, you might want to think about getting another one for the other side.... :D

Last edited:

kmudgn

I should have commented sooner, but I got one of these last season. Very sturdy, very stable, and excellent craftsmanship. I highly recommend them. I am not a big fan of the belt holder, but that is just my personal preference

Ace of Spey

I'd like to order one, please. I'll send a pm right now so I don't forget lol. Has anyone ordered a solid one? I'm leaning toward 4-piece, but solid is somewhat tempting. Any thoughts? I love everything SIMMS makes, but the button on my SIMMS quit lining up, but none of that matters since I dropped it the other day and didn't have it connected to my retractor ha ha ha ha

Ace of Spey

I got mine today. I ordered this strictly based on the comments. I lost my SIMMS staff by forgetting to attach it lol. I admit I couldn't really imagine what the "big deal" could be, I just needed a staff. I get it now. My SIMMS was a cheerleading baton compared to this zombie beater. Perfection and I'm never going back to an old sissy-stick. Maybe someone will find my old one, attach a ribbon to it, and do rhythmic gymnastics. Gotta remember to keep this one attached now ha ha. Its so awesome and thanks everyone for steering me in the right direction! Thanks herkileez !

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts