Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Black Friday Sales? Bah,humbug!

4K views 64 replies 35 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
Perusing the morning BFS ads on my laptop I see a vast amount of stuff that will be featured in yard sales in the summer of 2020. At about 6 cents on the dollar. Buying junk at a discount is no bargain.

Where is the good stuff? Why not an Inergy Kodiak for $1,500? I would be all over that in an instant. Or a 12v 100 amp hour AGM battery for under $200? What about a 1100w pure sine wave inverter for $150? Or even a Tempress Fish On swivel boat seat for $60? Good stuff doesn't get discounted much because it has real value, electronic trinkets will be out of date before next summer.:mad:

I did see one worthwhile ad among dozens of click bait ads though. A 3 qt Instant Pot model on Amazon marked down today from $99 to $55. But I already have one of those....sigh...

#28 ·
Saw on the news where stores were open all night on Thanksgiving to jump start black friday. They showed people fighting over TV's a day early, when they should be picking up Gramma for dinner. Now it's black friday eve. Thanksgiving is about being with friends and family not having to work all night for minimum wage at a retail job without seeing them. What in the hell is wrong with us. I remember when I was a kid pretty much everything was closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas I think that's the way it should be.

#29 ·
I don’t recall ever going shopping on Black Friday, or for this weekend. And now with adult daughters, I have a plethora of personal shoppers.

Had to look up instapot. Looks worthy but I’ll stick with my pressure cookers for that kind of cooking. I try to limit the gadgets taking up counter space, even if it means a few more minutes in food prep. All part of the journey. Would be handy though to set a timer and go to another chore.

#33 ·
Here is a good deal. I picked up an 8'6 4 weight for around the same price this summer and love it. Amazing small- mid size trout stream rod. Debating picking up the 5 weight myself.

http://www.farmingtonriver.com/winston-biiix-new-clearance-86-3wt-9ft-5wt-in-stock/

Come on guy, buy them out so I don't have a chance to add rod number 16 to the collection. I'll be donating a few here shortly but this is starting to get ridiculous...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.