Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rattlesnake:When is the gate opened?

712 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Sportsman 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows when the ranger unlocks the gate? I haven't been able to fish in 3 weeks because I wrenched my back so I'm itching to get on the lake as early as possible. Thanks, Fred.

G
#2 ·
I believe the gate opens at 8am. However, just before the gate is a parking lot you can park in. You have to walk to the lake a fair distance (maybe two blocks). This lot is best for the other end of the day if you wait until dusk before you jump out of the lake because they lock the gate then. When you park in the outside lot, you don't need to worry about being locked in when the fishing gets hot in the early evening. I find that comforting.

#4 ·
FYI....The gate was opened around 6:10 this morning. There were a couple guys out on the lake before that with a couple of light rafts. Fishing was pretty good for the first hour using clear tips/stillwater lines with pretty much any fly. We switched over to Type 2&4 lines, hooking up now and again. The "pontoon hatch" came off about around 8:30, followed an hour later by the "float tube" hatch! Everyone seemed to be getting a fish now and then. A couple idiots Powerbaiting to the right of the launch got ran off by someone that looked "official", too far away to tell. Rain in the morning and sunny when we pulled out, life is good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.