Who’s got the best holiday rod deals?

IveofIone

I'd never heard of Moonshine rods before, so I looked at the website. Looks pretty good online. Need more user opinions to get a sense of them.
Steve, if we wait around for user opinions how are we going to get user opinions? Jump in man and try it out, let us know what you think. We trust your opinion....:)

Ive, you know I wouldn't hesitate to offer an opinion, but I need another fly rod like I need a hole in my head. At last count I have at least 3 fly rods that I've yet to use even once.
Quit talking about holes in ones head. I have a hole in my head.. It happened in 1965 thereabouts. That's why I wear a hat when I'm out and about. The bill on the cap lets me know if I'm near something. But I try to keep my head out of danger myself.

I have a moonshine 5wt midnight special, very nice rod, great customer service, and good value.

I only fished it for like an hour on the Owens. changed directions and got a 590 sage x, and recently added a 586 sage sp. So i am selling or trading the Moonshine, it does have a lifetime no sault warrenty. Not sure where he is getting the blanks but i do believe they are overseas.

Matt

I have a midnight special 8wt. I love it. Great action
What type of action for you is a great 8 weight action? Is there a rod or are there more well-known or common rods whose action might be similar? I’ve seen a fair amount of chatter about the Moonshine rods; they look nice, but I don’t know anyone who has one, so I don’t have a sense how they cast.

I have a moonshine 5wt midnight special, very nice rod, great customer service, and good value.

I only fished it for like an hour on the Owens. changed directions and got a 590 sage x, and recently added a 586 sage sp. So i am selling or trading the Moonshine, it does have a lifetime no sault warrenty. Not sure where he is getting the blanks but i do believe they are overseas.

Matt
Looks like the blanks are all made overseas and all but the Midnight Specials are assembled overseas as well. I think the Moonshine folks assemble the Midnight Specials in the states. Gorgeous rods from the pics. I’ve been seriously considering grabbing one for a long minute now. Extra tip, awesome price, beautiful embellishments. Like many others, I’m kinda waiting around to hear from a few more folks who’ve actually fished em.

What type of action for you is a great 8 weight action? Is there a rod or are there more well-known or common rods whose action might be similar? I’ve seen a fair amount of chatter about the Moonshine rods; they look nice, but I don’t know anyone who has one, so I don’t have a sense how they cast.
Yeah, very similar action to my old Sage Rpl+

Latest posts