Thanks for the support over the years. I've stepped down from PHWFF

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Jerry. I understand. I worked with both Wounded Warriors Project and Project Healing Waters. It became apparent that much of the donated money ended up paying for all those things that promote the program instead of aiding Vets. I decided it was time to let others take the oars.
We've talked about your experiences. When it comes to spending PHWFF does filter more money into programs than promoting. I know this from inside work all these years. Just where they are focusing money to certain programs that aren't needed and defunding others that are is the problem.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
ThankS for all your efforts.
I can remember rowing a young man that was so excited he went out a bought his own gear.
He was so proud of his 8wt. I let him cast away until our first stop and rigged up my 10f 5wt for nymphing. He picked up a couple 10 inch fish and had a huge grin all day.
Good times
That's great. Why I want to still be involved helping out in something new. Watching the transition to "hooking the fisherman" is always a wonderful thing to see.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Ok people. I know a few of you are spreading rumors. First off PHW isn't in trouble. It's not closing it's doors. I'm just not going to be as involved as before. Now the 2 Fly is up in the air, but that's a bonus event, it IS NOT a reflection of PHWFF and it's status as an organization.

Jerry,

As both a veteran and prior 2-fly volunteer I also applaud all of the contributions you have made through the years. I’m sure that anyone that has seen the tremendous effort you have put forth for veterans issues has the utmost respect for you and what you have done. I hope you are well. Have a great Christmas and if there is ever anything I might be able to do for you, please reach out and let me know.

After 12 years (10 with PHWFF and 2 with the original Red Cross group that was engulfed by PHWFF) I've decided to leave the program. I'll host some trips for the JBLM program and do some advising, outside of that I'll no longer be supporting PHWFF.

It's been a great run. I can't thank a lot of you enough for your support over the years. You've made it a real pleasure to help run the program.

For now I'll be working with OPFI.

http://www.fishagain.org/evergreen-hand

Thanks again for all the help over the years.

Thank you Jerry for your support over the years! What an amazing impact.

OPFI will be at the Veterans Service Partnership training at Trout Unlimited's Western Regional Rendezvous in Shelton on March 15th. The day will have a day of sessions devoted to supporting veterans and their families in conservation and angling (i.e. adaptive teaching and care, resources, partnerships). Will you be there? It would be great to meet you and thank you in person.

Learn more at: www.tu.org/western-regional

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Thank you Jerry for your support over the years! What an amazing impact.

OPFI will be at the Veterans Service Partnership training at Trout Unlimited's Western Regional Rendezvous in Shelton on March 15th. The day will have a day of sessions devoted to supporting veterans and their families in conservation and angling (i.e. adaptive teaching and care, resources, partnerships). Will you be there? It would be great to meet you and thank you in person.

Learn more at: www.tu.org/western-regional
No, I'll be gone that week on vacation. I'm assuming it'll be Chuck or Jesse going.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I should clarify one thing again. I'm not supporting the National and Regional aspects of the program. Which was a huge amount of my free time. Which includes the 2 Fly event. Which if it happens I'll be a rower. I'm focusing more on specifically only helping the JBLM program. My main focus on fact will be hosting and paying for overnight trips. So you won't see me much at fly expos except maybe helping OPFI. I'll still take donations, or help get you in touch with your nearest program.

After 12 years (10 with PHWFF and 2 with the original Red Cross group that was engulfed by PHWFF) I've decided to leave the program. I'll host some trips for the JBLM program and do some advising, outside of that I'll no longer be supporting PHWFF.

It's been a great run. I can't thank a lot of you enough for your support over the years. You've made it a real pleasure to help run the program.

For now I'll be working with OPFI.

http://www.fishagain.org/evergreen-hand

Thanks again for all the help over the years.
Thanks, Jerry, for all you have done for our ceterans. You’re an inspiration.