Cats are friends too

David Loy

Senior Moment
No cats here, two women are allergic. I’ve said “I like cats and dislike cats for the same reason. They don’t need me.” At least until the bowl’s empty.
Parents had cats, and one in particular, Sam, a Siamese, was the coolest cat I’ve ever met. Didn’t get too excited about anything, at least until Dad’s “Hering Wagon” (fishing boat) rolled home. Very dog like in many ways.

Skip Enge

How do we know the earth isn't flat?

If it was, cats would've knocked everything off the edge by now.
I had to clean up a large bowl of errantly placed and shelled dry beans...that somehow hit the floor and skittered wildly across the living room...it's amazing what you find under that old heavy chair in the corner.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
We had two cats and a dog when I was married.
The dog died and when we split, the wife took one cat and I got the other.
The one she left me with hated her and everyone else, but loved me.

She was one of three kittens from a litter.
The other two died within weeks of being born, but this one was too mean to die.
When we brought her home at 8 weeks old, she went right after the dog like she owned the place.
She was all white except for one black whisker and eyebrow. I think those traits were part of her (mean) spirit.

I used to tell visitor not to pet her because I didn't have any blood in my frig for a transfusion, LOL.
I always enjoyed coming home and having her meet me at the door like a dog would.
I was always a dog person and never was much of a cat lover until this cat.
I had to put her down a few years ago at age 16 due to health issues.
SF

6DB926E7-0B6C-4C3E-AED2-61811C94FE7F.jpeg

Last edited:

GAT

Dumbfounded
I like pretty much all animals so it was natural to have both a cat and a dog. The older male cat basically raised our female border collie mix puppy so they became best friends. I called them the dynamic duo.

When our dog died, the cat died about a year later. My wife announced she no longer wanted to have a cat and a dog will do instead. I still miss having a cat around the place.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I'm a dog guy, but don't "hate" cats - I'm just not too fond of irresponsible cat/pet owners, however and must admit that I dislike cleaning cat droppings out of my garden. The Kids had indoor cats when they were young & my Daughter has 2 indoor cats at present.

Dogs view their adoptive family as "part of their pack." Cats view their adoptive family as "staff."

Last edited:

Skip Enge

I'm a dog guy, but don't "hate" cats - I'm just not too fond of irresponsible cat/pet owners, however and must admit that I dislike cleaning cat droppings out of my garden. The Kids had indoor cats when they were young & my Daughter has 2 indoor cats at present.

Dogs view their adoptive family as "part of their pack." Cats view their adopted family as "staff."
The great leveler however is you are the "keeper of kibble." And they can't open "the big door to freedom"...

Latest posts