Cats are friends too

Buzzy

Currently "petless" and probably will stay that way because we do some travelling overseas. Never felt right putting our cat(s) (always singular) in a kennel while we were gone. We had to have our last cat put to sleep at the end of September. I wasn't particularly fond of this animal but have come to realize I was fooling myself since I kept looking for her in her usual hiding places.

When we first moved into the house we're in now our daughter "rescued" a pregnant kitty from the neighbors. This cat thought she was a dog at times and other times was a cat. She was a terrible mouser but was deadly to baby quail - one one time I found two dead baby rattlesnakes in the yard, cat mauled. Way to go Mylee! Mylee would follow my wife around the yard and garden and often lay down next to the gardener. Mylee's favorite food on planet earth was Dungeness crab. One time I had two big crabs and was cracking them for a big Louie - I think the cat jumped up on the counter top three times before I put her outside. And yeah, I bawled like a baby when I had to put her down.
mylee040.jpg

Skip Enge

Currently "petless" and probably will stay that way because we do some travelling overseas. Never felt right putting our cat(s) (always singular) in a kennel while we were gone. We had to have our last cat put to sleep at the end of September. I wasn't particularly fond of this animal but have come to realize I was fooling myself since I kept looking for her in her usual hiding places.

When we first moved into the house we're in now our daughter "rescued" a pregnant kitty from the neighbors. This cat thought she was a dog at times and other times was a cat. She was a terrible mouser but was deadly to baby quail - one one time I found two dead baby rattlesnakes in the yard, cat mauled. Way to go Mylee! Mylee would follow my wife around the yard and garden and often lay down next to the gardener. Mylee's favorite food on planet earth was Dungeness crab. One time I had two big crabs and was cracking them for a big Louie - I think the cat jumped up on the counter top three times before I put her outside. And yeah, I bawled like a baby when I had to put her down.
View attachment 185580
To lay with a lei...

Skip Enge

we have lost or put down 7 cats in 6 years. Plus 2 dogs...still not used to it...probably never will be... ellen, we have 4 cats now...one is 18...all what you would call geriatric...they all needed a home and some love. In it for the long haul...always.

Skip Enge

For the record, cats creep me out in a big way. I’ve said it before. I’m more apt to have a pet snake than a cat for a pet. And do you ever notice how it just sounds weird to refer to a cat as a ‘pet’ anyway?
Jojo there was this Disney movie long ago...when it came out you were probably a little kid...it may have scarred you, i am sorry. But it was a cartoon movie...the cat did not really steal the kids breath away in that crib...just sayin' ;)