Cats are friends too

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
Skip, one of the reasons i don’t miss Facebook at all is because of all the cat photos! That and the 45,000 photos of people’s grandbabies and the meals that they are eating at restaurants when i am home cooking. Also warm vacation shots in the middle of winter. And of course, politics from opposing views. So yeah, i love when y’all talk about your Instapots (I don’t have one, but y’all kind of make me want one!) but i don’t love so much the cats. It cracks me up that there are 4 pages!

I don’t know where it started that i got creeped out by cats but it started when i was young. Maybe you are are right about Disney movie! I swear i can’t even stand to look at Taylor Swift and Melania because they both look like cats to me.

Paul_

My friend had a problem with a neighbor cat. It kept coming into his yard and using his flower beds for a bathroom. He talked to the neighbor and let them know about the issue. He told them he was buying a live trap and would take the cat to the pound if he trapped it.
Fast forward 2 weeks and he trapped the cat in his backyard. Being the nice guy he was he brought the cat back to the neighbor and said next time I’m taking it to the pound.
2 weeks go by and he traps the cat again. He takes it to the pound. Through pit tag technology the pound gets a hold of the owner and returns the cat.
A few more weeks go by and my friend traps the cat again. Being fed up and also a nice guy he returns the cat to the owner and tells them there won’t be a next time if he traps the cat in his backyard again.
A few weeks more pass and wouldn’t you know it, he traps the cat again.
This time he takes the cat to his work. He worked in a different state across the Columbia River. He let the cat go there.
5 years later the local newspaper has a front page story of the miracle cat found in a different state and reunited with its owner.
2 weeks pass and the miracle cat is back pooping in my friends yard.

Trapper

ISO brown liquor and wild salmonoids
My friend had a problem with a neighbor cat. It kept coming into his yard and using his flower beds for a bathroom. He talked to the neighbor and let them know about the issue. He told them he was buying a live trap and would take the cat to the pound if he trapped it.
Fast forward 2 weeks and he trapped the cat in his backyard. Being the nice guy he was he brought the cat back to the neighbor and said next time I’m taking it to the pound.
2 weeks go by and he traps the cat again. He takes it to the pound. Through pit tag technology the pound gets a hold of the owner and returns the cat.
A few more weeks go by and my friend traps the cat again. Being fed up and also a nice guy he returns the cat to the owner and tells them there won’t be a next time if he traps the cat in his backyard again.
A few weeks more pass and wouldn’t you know it, he traps the cat again.
This time he takes the cat to his work. He worked in a different state across the Columbia River. He let the cat go there.
5 years later the local newspaper has a front page story of the miracle cat found in a different state and reunited with its owner.
2 weeks pass and the miracle cat is back pooping in my friends yard.
Paul. I had a similar problem years ago. I had a small vegetable garden and a neighbor cat would crap in my garden. I tried mothballs and some other stuff. Nothing worked.

I went to the hardware store and bought a few dozen mouse traps. I set them and put them all around the garden. About 2 AM I heard the traps and the cat go off. The cat never returned.

For all the feline lovers on here, no it didn’t break the cat’s feet or paws. I saw the cat the next day and he was fine. Before I put the traps out I set one and stuck my finger in it. It’s not that bad and I knew it wouldn’t hurt the cat. Really, try it sometime.

KerryS

Ignored Member
We have a cat. Lives indoors. Most useless creature on the planet. Its only redeeming quality, it can shit in a box.

We’ve had outdoor cats. They usually didn’t last long. Coyotes I suspect.

For neighbor cats that like to shit in my garden I have found a paint ball gun to be an effective deterrent to that activity and it adds a sporting aspect to the situation. Paint balls sting like hell but don’t do any permanent damage. I assume the paint taste terrible when the cat tries to clean itself up and I also think the cat is embarrassed as hell when his/her buddies see them covered in paint. After they get shot a few times they will usually quit coming around. The ones that don’t learn right away provide some extra sport.

I don't know how you wold "train" an outdoor cat not to shit in the neighbor's yard. Shock collar?? The paint ball idea is great - no long term damage - effective - and as Kerry has pointed out - fun.
On a side note I just got back from fishing the Stilly all day and didn't get a bump.
Fun day though!!
I'm cold

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Live-trapping problem cats <you know, the ones that the owners say "It's not my cat">, putting a couple drops of skunk oil on their back, and then letting them go home to "share the experience of the outdoor life" with their owners works. It's especially satisfying to know that they'll scurry through the pet door & back into the house. One guy even asked me if there were skunks in the neighborhood one time; I had a tough time keeping a straight face when I said "Hell yes. You've never smelled them or seen them at night? Something tangled with one out front just a couple nights ago." His kitty became an indoor cat (but it took 2 run-ins with a "skunk" to achieve that end result.).

Last edited:

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
If I'm repeatedly inconvenienced, everyone is going to be inconvenienced. I'm thinking it can't be much fun to give a cat a bath . . .

The focus isn't to keep the cat from visiting your property; rather it is to convince the owner to keep his/her cat at home :D.

Last edited:

smc

If I'm repeatedly inconvenienced, everyone is going to be inconvenienced. I'm thinking it can't be much fun to give a cat a bath . . .

The focus isn't to keep the cat from visiting your property; rather it is to convince the owner to keep his/her cat at home :D.
My cat loves baths. and dogs. and she stays real close to home. i’m thinking she had a close call with an eagle or an owl or something ‘cause she is beyond wary when it comes to crossing open ground.

She also likes to ride in cars. weird kitty. i love her bunches.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
i love her bunches.
As you should, smc. I have no doubt that if your pet were causing a problem, you would assume responsibility for said problem resolution.

I won't punish a cat for being a cat. I will, however take legal or other steps "punish" an irresponsible owner when things become intolerable (like the guy who denied that his cat was scratching my vehicles. A little work with a good trail camera and a court visit cost him some money.).

Latest posts