I think I made a Mistake, I bought a Hardy MTX Right Retrieve...

bartigm

Believing I would be able to reverse the drag and use the reel left or right retrieve. I enjoy both approaches depending on the fly rod I use. Yet, after searching the net and examining the reel I do not believe one can reverse the drag disks on this reel for ambidextrous use. Am I correct? If yes, I have an MTX for sale.

nailbender

The hardy website doesn't specify a right and left hand version, only one option per each size. Ditto for Harris sporstsmail, they only have one version for sale.
I got a fiver says you can reverse it. Maybe email Hardy for instructions?

bartigm

Thanks for the help and I do have a flyer that came with the reel. I will spend more time with it, yet a visual learner I would appreciate the Youtube link.
Best,
Mike

Believing I would be able to reverse the drag and use the reel left or right retrieve. I enjoy both approaches depending on the fly rod I use. Yet, after searching the net and examining the reel I do not believe one can reverse the drag disks on this reel for ambidextrous use. Am I correct? If yes, I have an MTX for sale.
Go to Classic Fly Rod Forum ask there

Doesn't tell you how, but this vid says its easy to do. Not super familiar with Hardy reels, but usually there is a tool included with the reel, all you should have to do is pop the spool off, use the tool to free the housing and flip the clutch bearing:

Latest posts