Christmas Cheer

[QUOTE="Trapper, post: 1441517, member: 24529"
I can only hope this civility will continue for the rest of the year and beyond.[/QUOTE]

Good for you, Trapper. I admire your kindness. We are having a family reunion this year, have similar family differences, and I hope it goes well. I'm also hoping my cousin, who is gay, shows up too. He was treated so horribly by his parents (my "Christian" aunt and uncle) growing up that it's always a struggle for him to be near them. But the rest of us love him, and love to see him. I still fish with, and love, my other Trump-lovin' uncle. We just don't discuss politics in the boat. Guides don't get paid enough to break up family fist fights. I'll try to keep your kind spirit in mind through Christmas week, and emulate your big-hearted approach. Thanks for the reminder to all of us.

Same. Half my family are "Christians" who blindly worship at the Altar of Trump, and the other half are mostly highly educated people who are more prone to logic and reason. I wish my Grandmother was still here. She kinda of wrangled everybody and kept things in check. My grandpa is 92 and can't handle the job, so it usually falls on my shoulders to mediate holiday gatherings.
Sounds familiar...

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
What's wrong. Doesn't anybody in this picture know how to smile. Christmas is supposed to be a happy time.
Christmas is a time for lying. It's not a happy time for a lot of people. I think it's the stupidest thing going and it's basically based on lying and stupidity. Assholes trying to force you to be as dumb as they are is possibly the most annoying part.

Sullivan note: There is no actual war on Christmas. If there was, Christmas is winning by a lot. We are all worse off for it.

Solstice is coming though and that's a real thing that we can all celebrate.

Go Sox,
cds

Christmas is a time for lying. It's not a happy time for a lot of people. I think it's the stupidest thing going and it's basically based on lying and stupidity. Assholes trying to force you to be as dumb as they are is possibly the most annoying part.

Sullivan note: There is no actual war on Christmas. If there was, Christmas is winning by a lot. We are all worse off for it.

Solstice is coming though and that's a real thing that we can all celebrate.

Go Sox,
cds
Perspective...we all have some. Mine is to enjoy the company I keep. Be generous as i can be with my heart. Stay level and upbeat...Make gestures that are unexpected and thoughtful. Christmas timne for me is a time for recharging the batteries.

Latest posts