Christmas Cheer

Trapper

ISO brown liquor and wild salmonoids
How do we get to your place? I promise to stand in an unoccupied corner and keep my mouth shut. I just want to watch.
I live northwest of Helena. I don’t expect any fireworks. I have been assured everyone will be civil.

My goal is to begin a healing between the two groups. I have no reason to believe this one get together will result in a large hand holding and Kumbaya singing moment. However, my goal is to facilitate a dialogue where people can express their commonalities instead of the differences.

Hell, during the HW Bush funeral, the present and past Presidents were able to put their differences aside.

Good on ya Trapper!

IMHO traditions of families getting together is much less commonplace but is needed even more. There is no way to make up that lost time together.

When my parents were alive my extended family all got together every Christmas. Not at all since :(. My wife and I then decided to have an extended family get together every summer. Little did we know my aunt and uncle had a serious issue with their daughter and stopped speaking to each other for a number of years. As a result of our summer gathering they started talking and rebuilding their relationship. At first they only talked once a year at our gathering and it has now evolved into them getting together several times a year.

My wife's grandmother would have a huge Christmas bash. She was the family matriarch and kept the family in touch. Sometimes it was so big she would have it two days in a row to accommodate all the people. Since she has passed on, there have been no family gatherings. My wife and I tried but it just does not work out.

If you do not try, you will never know what may happen. But those pleasant surprises are worth more than all the effort put in...

I live northwest of Helena. I don’t expect any fireworks. I have been assured everyone will be civil.

My goal is to begin a healing between the two groups. I have no reason to believe this one get together will result in a large hand holding and Kumbaya singing moment. However, my goal is to facilitate a dialogue where people can express their commonalities instead of the differences.

Hell, during the HW Bush funeral, the present and past Presidents were able to put their differences aside.
A noble goal. Hope you succeed.

I haven't gotten a RSVP from him yet. He lives in SoCal so it's a bit of a trip from LA to Montana.

Yes, Jojo. At my house I do virtually all of the cooking. This year I'm doing all hors d'oeuvres; sockeye salmon pate´, baked brie with a raspberry chutney, artichoke dip, deviled eggs, bruschetta.

I thought it would break down barriers if people were mingling around and grazing/drinking instead of seated at a long table where they could only converse with those close to them.
Employ music and singing early on - it brings out the best collective heart of a mixed group. And thankyou for your effort. All the best to you and yours.

Latest posts