Christmas Cheer

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I will say OMJ that in your discussion of being beyond the idiots in families during the holidays and their incredibly and predictable behavior> Ellen and I go to Ranier on Thanksgiving for an eating soiree'...Often their is this annoying sister of the host that talks politics and other ranting shit... Ellen(my GF) and her cousin Debra have a code word... "bean dip" it is an effective conversation diversion to head the BS off at the pass...And everyone is in on it but her because her real name should be honorary, Oblivia Donthavany

T

Trapper

The results of my family get together.

Most of the Fundamentalists bowed out at the last minute. Two are dealing with medical issues, but those same issues didn’t stop them from traveling to church and to get togethers with church people.

The secularists/atheists/agnostic crowd drank growlers of micro beers and wine, enjoyed the heck out of my Salmon pate’, 3-cheese warm artichoke dip, brie with cranberry chutney, deviled eggs, and wild game summer sausage.

So, I guess I get an A for effort, but an F for getting both sides to the table.

Rob Allen

I will say OMJ that in your discussion of being beyond the idiots in families during the holidays and their incredibly and predictable behavior> Ellen and I go to Ranier on Thanksgiving for an eating soiree'...Often their is this annoying sister of the host that talks politics and other ranting shit... Ellen(my GF) and her cousin Debra have a code word... "bean dip" it is an effective conversation diversion to head the BS off at the pass...And everyone is in on it but her because her real name should be honorary, Oblivia Donthavany

You can lead a horse to water........

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Trapper, you tried and that's all that counts, maybe they'll see the effort put forth by you and come to the next event. You can lead a horse to water but ya can't make em drink!

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Trapper, you tried and that's all that counts, maybe they'll see the effort put forth by you and come to the next event. You can lead a horse to water but ya can't make em drink!
Trust me they won’t, I finally just gave up & hang out with friends that aren’t into endless bickering

Krusty

Trapper, we had (many years ago) some family members for which every get-together was an opportunity for drama and mayhem.

It's difficult, particularly when family is involved, to draw the line....but finally we jettisoned the toxic members. Wasn't pretty (but neither were the family get-togethers), but it resulted in a much improved holiday family dynamic. It's not like we set them adrift on an iceflow….in today's inter-connected world I'm sure they're still out there, happily fuckin' up somebody's day.

The older I get the more I've come to believe that's their true calling....who am I to question their destiny? doesn't mean, however, that my destiny involves giving them even a moment of my time or consideration.

Today's Christmas, minus the family shitheads, was most excellent.

Last edited: