December Fly Salon - "Outside The Box"

SilverFly

Very impressive Adam. Especially using the washers to create a eyes and a weighted head in what I first thought was a fly shop product.

While it will be very tough to beat the home-made head product you created, after seeing that fly, I'm going to tweak the rules by allowing commercially available head accessories. Cones, lead eyes, bead chain, stick-on eyes, tungsten beads, fish skulls etc.

Apologies for the change but the reasons being I think this will actually stimulate the creative use of alternative materials, result in better looking, and likely better fishing flies. Carry on!

Last edited:

Kfish

WFF Supporter
Wanted to use the light bulb to make a glass minnow body but should it break all over the beach that would be irresponsible of me :)

Last edited:

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
Maybe a bit wine related, but what the heck. The body is trimmed down aluminum or whatever it is they wrap the top of a wine bottle with. One side was silverish in color and the other was... wine colored. The orange head is some fibers from my sons little ball. I’d fish it!
6A45D284-A4D6-46D8-B6B7-4DB199A62A66.jpeg 4D825AAE-7597-486D-84F3-085921EFA475.jpeg EAF5CDAB-21C4-44AD-AEF9-893C1F493DDF.jpeg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts