FS Fly Tying Wax

Jack Devlin

I still have some fly tying wax left. This is a high quality prepared tying wax which I have been making and using for many years. It is made of the finest USA produced rosins, beeswax, and vegetable based oils. No petroleum based ingredients are used. This is not a sticky dubbing wax. It is a tying wax. Price is $9
which includes shipping CONUS and PayPal fees.

IMG_1155.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread control and securing materials with less wraps is made much easier with traditional tyer's wax. Many of the master tyers like Davie McPhail et al. use this wax to great effect on both complex and simple patterns. One disk per pack, right Jack?

Jack Devlin

Thread control and securing materials with less wraps is made much easier with traditional tyer's wax. Many of the master tyers like Davie McPhail et al. use this wax to great effect on both complex and simple patterns. One disk per pack, right Jack?
Yes, a typical wax “puck” which lasts a long time.

I’m not the best fly tier and I’m pretty curious-if not formulated for dubbing, what else is “fly tying wax” used for?
What Russ said. Helps keep thread from slipping when forming a nice head as well. Many threads today come "waxed" BUT many tiers don't like a waxed thread and prefer to wax their thread when they need it waxed. Sometimes, we may want our thread not to grab a material. I remember an old Scottish Ghillie my Dad knew who would use his own ear wax as he tied a fly in hand on the river.
Jack

Latest posts