Trip Report Birthday trip.

Made it out for a day of fishing with my dad on my birthday. We don’t get many chances to do that. His personal best trout and my personal best rainbow within an hr of each other. I rarely take photos anymore but these ones were worth the effort.

Attachments

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Is that the same picture for both of you. The nose appears to be missing on both Pictures and the dorsal fin appears to be mussed up also.

These fish were caught about 3 miles from each other. Different fish just coincidence I suppose. My dads fish was missing more of the nose. These are hatchery fish so they have seen their share of battle wounds.

It’s interesting, I have seen quite a few people posting larger hatchery fish in Colorado that have a lot of the same characteristics.
Even a lot of the larger fish we saw in some other pools had similar facial damage. I did a quick online search and couldn't find any info on it. Maybe someone else has an idea? Im sure if I stopped into the hatchery Id get my answers too.

cms829

The fish in the Blue river in Co mostly all have the same appearance. They're beat up badly. I wont fish that river in town ever again.

Latest posts