NFR Best color for flies? This year it is...

GAT

Dumbfounded
I had no idea there is a chartreuse yellow color... something new every day...

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I had no idea there is a chartreuse yellow color... something new every day...
Chartreuse is a yellow color mixed with a small amount of green that was named because of its resemblance to the color of one of the French liqueurs called yellow chartreuse, introduced in 1838. Hey I studied color theory a lot. it's my boring yellow chartreuse albatross. ;)

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
One year when I was fishing an actual genuine good coho run...I tied black sorta stonefly nymphs...my own pattern...I did very well...But then so did everyone else... Ha!

Gadabout_Trout

Chartreuse is a yellow color mixed with a small amount of green that was named because of its resemblance to the color of one of the French liqueurs called yellow chartreuse, introduced in 1838. Hey I studied color theory a lot. it's my boring yellow chartreuse albatross. ;)
But Green Chartreuse was the first liquor the Carthusian monks produced in 1605. So it is named after Green Charteuse or Yellow Charteuse - confusion abounds :). By the way, the green stuff is infinitely better than the yellow and has a significant alcohol percentage and leaves an effervescent feeling on the tongue if taken straight. Good stuff, but expensive - ridiculously expensive with the "privatized" liquor in WA state now.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
But Green Chartreuse was the first liquor the Carthusian monks produced in 1605. So it is named after Green Charteuse or Yellow Charteuse - confusion abounds :). By the way, the green stuff is infinitely better than the yellow and has a significant alcohol percentage and leaves an effervescent feeling on the tongue if taken straight. Good stuff, but expensive - ridiculously expensive with the "privatized" liquor in WA state now.
then there is that green fairy...

Latest posts