"Gillnets are selective".....

Dr. Magill

Are the drift nets somehow less selective? I’m asking in response to the drift net fishery on the Hoh chinook

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Are the drift nets somehow less selective? I’m asking in response to the drift net fishery on the Hoh chinook

Possibly, but I don't know. I say possibly because my observations are that it is harder for a fish to avoid a drift net than a set net, which it might choose to follow and swim around. Both are highly effective though.

stilly stalker

Switch Rod Samurai
I have gout also but never noticed if it affected it by drinking beer. But I don't drink a lot of it. Don't like the Taste of Beer.
It’s the residual yeast - the purines they contain specifically that kill me
One beer or 2 is fine on occasion, but it can’t be an after work unwind for me anymore.

FinLuver

Dope in 2018 refers to meth. There are many slang names for weed. Cheeba ganja green marajuana cannabis reefer and I'm sure the next wave if teenie boppers have some names I don't know. In the name of education of course.
Then I guess you youngin's need to get with the program. :p:D

Chris Johnson

A lot depends on water clarity, in clear water fish are more likely to lead around the end or go under a net. Also in a river a drift net is in the water for a matter of minutes, while an eddy net can stay in place for weeks and be picked at regular intervals.

Chris Johnson

As was stated earlier, mesh size is somewhat selective. For Chinook they are probably using 6.5" mesh which many Steelhead could squirt through, not all though as teeth, fins and gill plates do get tangled. You'd be amazed at what a cluster fuck a fish can make in a gillnet.

stilly stalker

Switch Rod Samurai
This gout thing sounds like a worser nightmare than having 20 guys on my front lawn wearing McFly Angler caps & shirts, horrible!
No- yeast stuff, no shellfish, no organ meats

I lost 60lb and it’s all but gone, and I haven’t had it flare up in 2 years, but fuck me it sucks to not be able to walk- so I continue my adjusted diet accordingly and I need no meds or anything to keep it away now. Diet and exercise for the win. And weed, obviously

2kayaker

UOTE="bennysbuddy, post: 1442011, member: 16546"]I wonder how many people ever where gillnetters or commercial fisherperson that comment on these posts ?[/QUOTE]
You can count me, (alaska subsistance).

Adam Saarinen

No- yeast stuff, no shellfish, no organ meats

I lost 60lb and it’s all but gone, and I haven’t had it flare up in 2 years, but fuck me it sucks to not be able to walk- so I continue my adjusted diet accordingly and I need no meds or anything to keep it away now. Diet and exercise for the win. And weed, obviously
Now you'll have half the people here wishing they had gout so they could tell their wives they need to smoke dope & go gill net fishing!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts