To be a legitimate fly fishing bro, do you also need to be a heady skier?

“Clipping a ticket.” I’m wondering if that’s what I think it means.
WE used to go get “half day” passes at Targhee on good powder days by hanging in the parking lot til someone who couldn’t handle the deep stuff would be leaving and clip their pass with a pair of wire cutters and then tape it back together on my parka.
In the industry, this was known as theft of service. It was entertaining watching the punks we caught doing this transform from a f#ck you attitude, to crying and begging for forgiveness in the time it took the sheriff's department to show up.

night skiing is 22 bucks at mt spokane. from the office its about 45 minutes. leave at 2:30 and its a good day especially if its been snowing. just got to get sober sally to drive. whats more heady then that? just plain fun. night skiing is the best. .... nothing worse then taking a ski trip, leaving at 4am slippin n grippin with semis for a few hours, only to get fog fucked vertigo all day.

this year will be a tribute to lift ops. always give your lift ops gifts folks. you tip this cute waitresses 30 bucks at dinner but the lifty is making less, working harder and taking better care of you :). swimmy, you can get them fashionable scarfs (buffs? ) and wrap a beer (or a spool of 3x floro? ) inside for xmas. sorry for the rant lol.

In the industry, this was known as theft of service. It was entertaining watching the punks we caught doing this transform from a f#ck you attitude, to crying and begging for forgiveness in the time it took the sheriff's department to show up.
that might be true in some cases but thankfully not all resorts are ran by assholes. seriously, calling the sheriff? they would have been better off searching the employee housing for drugs then for arresting someone for trying to have some fun on a mountain. thathat you thought of that as entertainment is the least heady thing in this thread yet.

Peyton00

Ski acres was known as free acres in my high school years. Never paid to play on that hill.
Crystal mnt was a 4 man crew with 2 tickets. One guy would come back down and give a ticket to other and repeat... Once you are up top , Crystal never checked upper mnt riders, only down at the base.

What we did as kids......

When you belong to a small community where the locals both ride and service the lifts, and neither are making living wages, while the resort owners are getting fat, no one was busting anyone for clipping a ticket on a good powder day.

So I see it's okay to rip off the fat owner of a local ski hill. The reality is those local ski hill owners are the ones that struggle to make payroll every week. Real heady stuff right there.
It was the belligerent attitude, or even attempted assault of a lift op or patroller that brought up the sheriff. The "man I'm sorry, I'll never do it again" walked off with a stern warning, and maybe even a discount coupon for a lift ticket for their next visit.

Monster Zero Ultra and Peanutbutter M&Ms and some weed and I’ll ride the mountain all day non stop on a big powder day.

I wish I had a decent mountain closer- but any excuse to go to Mammoth means I can fish the Upper Owens and Hot creek in the same trip , so it’s worth the drive

night skiing is 22 bucks at mt spokane. from the office its about 45 minutes. leave at 2:30 and its a good day especially if its been snowing. just got to get sober sally to drive. whats more heady then that? just plain fun. night skiing is the best. .... nothing worse then taking a ski trip, leaving at 4am slippin n grippin with semis for a few hours, only to get fog fucked vertigo all day.

this year will be a tribute to lift ops. always give your lift ops gifts folks. you tip this cute waitresses 30 bucks at dinner but the lifty is making less, working harder and taking better care of you :). swimmy, you can get them fashionable scarfs (buffs? ) and wrap a beer (or a spool of 3x floro? ) inside for xmas. sorry for the rant lol.
Yes, tip the lift operator. I ran night lifts after my day job back when I was poor (times were lean back in the 70’s and being creative and a healthy dose of ambition got us through).

It was fun though, plus free lift tickets for us!
Never turned anyone away for ticket shenanigans either.

rotato

The elk still rocks
I do wish there were more lodging opportunities there
Skiing all day then aprés skiing then driving home is not a great mix.
I loved living at squaw valley and partying with all the old timers from Northern Europe
The best was the night of a big dump, people were fired up. We would drink till close then up early to air in line at the Kt lift

Latest posts