To be a legitimate fly fishing bro, do you also need to be a heady skier?

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
Those vids posted by @Swimmy and @bk paige remind me of my first attempt at skiing the "Seven Steps of Paradise" which is a backcountry run out of the Asulkan Hut, Rogers Pass, BC. My pinnin' skills back then only allowed one jump turn before performing an all-out yard sale! ;)

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
I found skiing to be a bit too easy. The first time up on the slopes, I was easily able to stand and start heading down the mountain. That stopping and turning thing was a bit tricky... yard sale here, yard sale there.

Snowboarding I found much harder to start, but the learning curve was much faster.

So as others have mentioned, no.

DannyS

115. It is the Anima.
Black crows has been turning out some absolutely amazing skis recently. I demo’d a pair last year and loved them. They will definitely be on my list for new skis next season.

Although I could probably ride a couple two by fours down the hill and still call it a good day... love being on the mountain.

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
115 underfoot on a 3" of snow day seems a bit of overkill. Only pair?
Funny you mention that as we were just talking about this the other day on the lift.

I've pretty much been a one ski quiver kind of guy. I haven't bought a ski under 110 in at least 10 years so just used to skiing bigger planks I'm sure I lose a little performance on groomers and bumps but whatever. The profiles and technology in skis now are pretty friendly to all conditions.

With that said, I'm considering getting a 100 or 105 type of ski just for carving or skiing hard pack. I haven't been in this market for over a decade so don't even know where to start. You ski bros have any suggestions?

Yesterday was bluebird

Latest posts