To be a legitimate fly fishing bro, do you also need to be a heady skier?

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
Skiing seems cool, but I can just drill through the ice and keep catching trout all winter long. Plus there some tail waters nearby with whopper rainbows that stay open even in the coldest part of the season.
If that makes me illegitimate, so be it!

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Skiing seems cool, but I can just drill through the ice and keep catching trout all winter long. Plus there some tail waters nearby with whopper rainbows that stay open even in the coldest part of the season.
If that makes me illegitimate, so be it!
You are a filthy illegitimate fisher of tailwaters! :rolleyes: But there is no shame in that. There. I said it! Ha!
I actually saw some snowflakes falling here today. They melted, as snowflakes always do. Ice hasn't yet been a problem.

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
I'm in Jackson for a couple of days. 24" in the last 24 hrs and 36" in last 48. Absolutely ridiculous conditions today.

First run...straight to the top > Rendezvous Bowl > Hobacks. 4000' of pure bliss.

From that point on I just poked around some of the trees and tried not to fall off a cliff. Viz was pure shit and most of the day I felt lost. But I managed to find some goods.

Here are a couple of pics from the Jackson blog

Snorkel time!
Enjoy the heck out of that pursuit while you can Swimmy, cuz' you never know when you can't!

Always enjoy your "trip reports" - keep them coming!

I'm in Jackson for a couple of days. 24" in the last 24 hrs and 36" in last 48. Absolutely ridiculous conditions today.

First run...straight to the top > Rendezvous Bowl > Hobacks. 4000' of pure bliss.

From that point on I just poked around some of the trees and tried not to fall off a cliff. Viz was pure shit and most of the day I felt lost. But I managed to find some goods.

Here are a couple of pics from the Jackson blog

You sir, are my hero!

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
How long a wait is that?
I got to the hill a little later than I wanted yesterday and waited 45 minutes. Talking with several locals they said this has been the busiest season ever and placed some blame on the Ikon.

I've noticed this as well at Big Sky and wish they would also opt out of the Ikon. However my interests are usually different than the resort's.

And then there is this:

Latest posts