To be a legitimate fly fishing bro, do you also need to be a heady skier?

Brothers wife's sister's niece's friend trying to get me skiing. Tryna tell me my unusual low center of gravity 'll be good for it. SHE DONT KNOW!!!!! HELL I AINT STANDIN IN THEM LINES!!!!

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
OH HELL YA! Nice ride, been thinking of those for a couple years. Unfortunately all the local areas have been leased out to a Cat Ski operation.

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
Well this thing is a game changer. Need a ski rack but other than that she's good to go.

And man does she want to go. Made short time of the 6 mile approach

Parked and started skinning up. The objective was the shady line in the photo directly above my partner. It is NE facing and felt it could ski nice.

To be safe only one at a time on the run. So no hero shots but yeah, it skied great.

Back out tomorrow. This is the shit.

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
Explored a totally new area today. This is a spot I've always wanted to check out but the approach is just way too much for a skin (approx 12 miles each way.) We had no idea real objective in mind since we'd never been here before but was hoping to finding something north facing and worth skiing.

I ordered a ski rack. In the meantime I found a much better way to rig my skis. Yesterday they were flopping all over. Today tight as skin on a fat baby's belly.

Once we got up into the basin, we were a little disappointed by the lack of ski terrain. The mtns in the distance looked awesome but we had no idea how to get there. And they are in wilderness so still might have long approaches. We need to do a bit of research.

But for sledding, this zone is fun as shit. All that open terrain (and a ton you can't see) is fair game.

So we just rallied all afternoon crossing each others tracks. This place was basically the hippy turn version of sledding and will be a great option after a big storm when avy danger is high.

Man it really is addicting and I can see why my friends told me I'd quickly forget about skiing after buying a sled.

The sled is a game changer, had one a few years back...really good for bringing the nice things in life on long hut trips.

Also, now that i’m a flat lander I was stoked to get the kids back in the mountains this spring break as we took them to Big Sky this week. EA66E4A6-4746-4320-ACDE-5D2F6B9F1BCD.jpeg

Latest posts