Why people in eastern Washington don't like wind farms.....

HBB

In the beginning that was true. Everybody thought they were cool.

The last four or five wind projects east of the Cascades were APPROVED by the Governor using the Growth Managment Act to override local zoning and decisions.

It was local interests arguing the GMA controlled, contending that under the GMA, local ordinances trumped the EFLSA. But yeah, the state approved at least one project that local government did not want.

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
It was local interests arguing the GMA controlled, contending that under the GMA, local ordinances trumped the EFLSA. But yeah, the state approved at least one project that local government did not want.
Imagine the outrage if the state didn't allow the projects initially across the board.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
Local government and people have some interesting views. I haven't read this whole thread, but it should be noted that much of the local opinion is likely just a knee jerk reaction to "the global scam called climate change." I'm pretty sure many of the rural central Washington residents would rejoice if a coal plant was opened. Difficult to find logic in their thinking much of the time.

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
Nope...you just repeating stereotypes.

What makes you think "rural central Washington residents would rejoice if a coal plant was opened". ?

We did want the neurtino lab through, but even for the that the support was lukewarm in the valley. Most people in central Washington are pretty content......lots of griping about all the growth.

Last edited:

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
Nope...you just repeating stereotypes.

What makes you think "rural central Washington residents would rejoice if a coal plant was opened". ?

We did want the neurtino lab through, but even for the that the support was lukewarm in the valley. Most people in central Washington are pretty content......lots of griping about all the growth.
I live in Moses Lake. I hear what people say.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
How about a border wall made of wind turbines. The left would get their green energy and the right would get a wall like structure at the border.

I am not sure how effective this wall of wind turbines would be. Not sure the wind is there and the wall would admittedly be a tad porous. I have a solution for that too. We’ll require that every panel show from Fox News and MSNBC be filmed in front of it. All those blowhards would certainly keep the blades turning and 15 seconds of listening to those a$$holes would would deter anyone from wanting to come live here....

Grayone

Fishin' to the end, Oc.P
WFF Supporter
Interesting stuff... I read an article not long ago that mention 20-30% (or more) of the wind generators in California are broken, and because they are no longer subsidized, they won't fix them. Sounds like another grab the money and run deal...

Just looked for that article and can't find it... but I gather it's all the old, inefficient generators. Personally... I like the cold fusion power...:eek:
That, I believe is what will happen on the Oregon side of the Columbia river gorge.

Last edited:

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
what? no more clay banks...pointed timber...rusty bucket...….dang I been gone from there long time

Rusty bucket is still there, Washaway Beach is still washing away. Beach logs that got buried in the Summer have been exhumed for our Winter beach walking pleasure. The windmills make for an easy lineup. The seasonal changes occuring here revolve pretty much the same as they always have.
One possible slightly noticeable change might be that I have become nearly a fixture on the beach out here.
Not enough of one to be used as any kind of permanent visual lineup, though.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info