Why people in eastern Washington don't like wind farms.....

longputt

Power’s out upriver too. Honda 7000i genny purring away. ipad tethered to cell for internet. Hamsters huddling under cover to keep from getting blown away.

If you're going to use a generator you should really use a Ryobi; They're green.

Sportsman

If you're going to use a generator you should really use a Ryobi; They're green.
Look back on the title of this thread. You are the ONLY person extolling the virtues of nuclear fission energy...why is that? We are waiting! PS. You have blocked your profile.. Now why would you have done that?? We are waiting!! Can hardly wait for your response...actually I can..don't give a shit about your feeble response.

Last edited:

longputt

Look back on the title of this thread. You are the ONLY person extolling the virtues of nuclear fission energy...why is that? We are waiting! PS. You have blocked your profile.. Now why would you have done that?? We are waiting!! Can hardly wait for your response...actually I can..don't give a shit about your feeble response.

I'll make it simple: I hate wind farms in E WA it's nuts to have wind machines. There are are places in the world where wind energy make sense. For example, there are valleys in HI where wind makes economic sense, but they don't allow it because of visual pollution! They don't want to lose tourist dollars.

I am not pro-nuclear; there are areas without water where nuclear makes no sense. Luckily mother nature provided and those areas have natural gas. I think nuclear is great for WA, we have water and open space.

I am a WA native (meaning my family was in WA before it was WA and still a territory, ironically for the coal mines around Black Diamond!) and I hate the fact that my family's hunting grounds have been closed due to the installation of absurdly inefficient wind machines by the insistence of hypocrites from W WA.

By the way I love fusion and support any solar PV project, but I think CSP is ridiculous.

I have no idea what you're talking about on the blocked profile?

Feebly yours, Longputt

Last edited:

Sportsman

Sportsman is an angry elf....he must be from the south pole.
No. I'm an angry elf from a 1st. Gen N. Ireland family that migrated to Novia Scotia and a very proud member of a family that escaped Russia in 1917 (granny carrying my mother at the time) after serving the Royal Russian Csarzs for ever...pictures.if you doubt it.
.I had great uncles that were in the politburough and others that never made it out of the Gulag.
Growing up on in the 50's & 60's I embraced the Irish side. No surprise at that particular time in our history. PS. We were talking about Wind Farms right? Or did I.get off
Topic again?
Sorry, it's.my Russian DNA....maybe.the Irish side. Small wonder I'm such a dick. But I can lay the blame on whomever I choose....almost went political. Politcs has nothing to do with E.Wa. wind farms....(right)? My only wish is that politics never interfere with what.is right for our country...again.

K

Last edited:

Sportsman

Longputt, it's all.good. Fusion is really the answer. The person that figures it out will rule the universe. I truly hope that I live long enough to see it happen.

FinLuver

They need to come up with fuel rods that will burn up or disintegrate like the rods in a carbon arc movie projector. Residual powder left behind, that is either non-radioactive or low level, that can be recycled into the new rods. [Just a thought];)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts