Dinking with GoPro Night Lapse

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
I got this thing to take underwater video of fish, but since everything is locked up right now, I decided to figure out its other features. My favorite is Night-Lapse; it's a super cool way to see what you miss out on while you sleep!

This first video is only about 2 1/4 hours of filming:

The second is a whole night:

And this one is a whole night without a single cloud, which is a bit nuts... Good view of the dipper, though:

And finally, to make it semi-fishing related, here is a super crummy time lapse of me catching my first fish on a tip-up:

I f**ked up that last one by setting the photo-interval to 5 seconds, when 2 probably would have been better. Lesson learned for the next fishing time-lapse. The real goal, however, is to get a night-lapse of the milky way, and with a new moon coming that should be possible in the next week or two, weather permitting.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
Sorry meant to add to the general photo thread not hijack Plaegreid's:(

Last edited:

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
The skies around Laramie have been really cloudy recently, so we haven't had a good chance to get any more night-lapse videos, but I did get this grass-carp on camera, so there's that:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts