2019 Oregon Licenses: Heads up

mtnsaremyhome

I'll be fine with it once they iron out the bugs. They REALLY need to make some kind of search/autofill type feature on the catch code thing. Scrolling through is ridiculous.

I'm also going to bring my own paper/pen in a dry box just in case of app failure - that way I can at least show intent... which is about the best you can do in that scenario.
Do you know if you can still buy the waterproof paper(tyvek) at Cabela's or any other retailer, or are they all shut down and out of it now?

Tinker

Coigrich
Anybody tried to get a printed copy of the invasive species permit on the old waterproof paper? All I can find on the website says it can come from a licensed retailer. I sure hope they don't intend for every SUP and kayaker to carry their phones...

Plain paper.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Do you know if you can still buy the waterproof paper(tyvek) at Cabela's or any other retailer, or are they all shut down and out of it now?
Pretty sure it's plain ol computer paper if you get it at any retailer. Most retailers that were previously selling aren't selling yet (if they will at all).

GAT

Dumbfounded
If you're that concerned about printing a waterproof (resistant) document, you can buy paper for printers (including inkjet) that is indicated as waterproof. The downside is that the product is pretty thick so folding it down to a smaller size might be difficult.

I'm not worried about it. I kept my older fishing licenses in my wallet and they never got wet so I can't see how one that I printed off on regular paper would be any different. Besides, I have more important documents in my wallet that are not waterproof and I've never worried about them getting wet.

I've yet to run into an officer that dropped my license in a river when checking to see if I had one.

Yard Sale

Huge Member
If you're that concerned about printing a waterproof (resistant) document, you can buy paper for printers (including inkjet) that is indicated as waterproof. The downside is that the product is pretty thick so folding it down to a smaller size might be difficult.

I'm not worried about it. I kept my older fishing licenses in my wallet and they never got wet so I can't see how one that I printed off on regular paper would be any different. Besides, I have more important documents in my wallet that are not waterproof and I've never worried about them getting wet.

I've yet to run into an officer that dropped my license in a river when checking to see if I had one.

A good suggestion from iFish, print it at 25% scale. Still legible but roughly the size of the old license.

I don’t have a printer at home but I do have a laminating machine at work! I think my tag will just go in a ziplock.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
take a screenshot of the purchase in the app just in case....or continue trying to figure out how to keep regular paper dry while you pack your fishing lunch in that ziplock in your cupboard.

yes, the app appears to kinda suck, but I've seen far far worse (once I got things working, it's fine)

bobduck

Whiskey Tastes Best from a TIN CUP
I'm like old man. I keep my flip phone in the truck turned off while fishing. I've had guests bring smart phones into my boat and I tell them first thing if I hear that sumbitch ring while we're on the water its going into the drink. At least the price of a non-res license didn't go up.

FinLuver

I'm like old man. I keep my flip phone in the truck turned off while fishing. I've had guests bring smart phones into my boat and I tell them first thing if I hear that sumbitch ring while we're on the water its going into the drink. At least the price of a non-res license didn't go up.
Was salmon fishing a local river one year. Guy across the river had his cell go off about every five minutes. After about the 10 ringing session, a large rock flew in the air and almost hit him. As the rock made splash down and got him wet, I was grinning from ear to ear.
He got the hint and left.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Bruce, that's the product I found on A...... dot Com. It may or may not be very thick... I don't remember how heavy 20# paper really is.

I ordered some anyway and will see how it works!

Last edited:

Jaydub

The rite in the rain paper I have is fairly thick, but they may have other weights. The stuff I have is not recommended for ink jets. I used a laser printer at work. I reduced my license down to business card size (which I now hear your not supposed to do) and reduced my tag so folded in half length-wise and then folded a few more times, fits one of the old plastic cases.

the_grube

I just got a notification from ODFW that the app has an update. The email mentioned that some customers reported problems adding harvest in offline mode. The email claims this update 'should' fix the issue....

GAT

Dumbfounded
I just got a notification from ODFW that the app has an update. The email mentioned that some customers reported problems adding harvest in offline mode. The email claims this update 'should' fix the issue....

So it begins.....

GAT

Dumbfounded
The rite in the rain paper I have is fairly thick, but they may have other weights. The stuff I have is not recommended for ink jets. I used a laser printer at work. I reduced my license down to business card size (which I now hear your not supposed to do) and reduced my tag so folded in half length-wise and then folded a few more times, fits one of the old plastic cases.

I noticed there is a box scan code next to the ODF&W emblem on the license and if it is something enforcement is supposed to scan, reducing the size may render the code unreadable. That's why I didn't reduce the size of my license.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts