SFR - Cliff Mass Weather Blog

My wife and I were just talking last night, as the wind howled and the power flickered, that it sure seems like we've had more storms thus far this winter than we could recall.

Haven't had a day at my place with less than 20 knots of wind in what seems like ages. I'm getting pretty sick of it.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
You might as well just sit back and enjoy it, because you can't stop it. I had over 40 degrees yesterday. I just enjoy the good weather. I can't stop it either. We are usually freezing out asses off this time of the year. Enjoy it, because it can turn bad in the blink of an eye here in Montana.

Chucker

So long as it turns into nice fluffy powder snow in the mountains, i’ll be OK. Though I would like to at least try to get a blackmouth before the area 10 season closes.

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
So long as it turns into nice fluffy powder snow in the mountains, i’ll be OK.
Yep. Would love to bump the ski thread with kick ass shots of skiing blower. But looks like we will only get around 6" in the mtns over the next 7-10 days.

Wasatch and Tetons will get the love though. Roadtrip...

Old Man

Just an Old Man
So long as it turns into nice fluffy powder snow in the mountains, i’ll be OK. Though I would like to at least try to get a blackmouth before the area 10 season closes.
When it snows here in Butte, It's always white and fluffy. Driest snow I have ever seen.

I follow this Skunk Bay Weather on Facebook as the guy lives just down the road from us and posts some cool pictures and weather info.

I just came across this post he made about the wind lately. Guess my wife and I weren't crazy thinking there has been more wind this year than we can recall in years past

"This has been the windiest season I have ever seen... So... Some numbers for Weather Nerds....

3 out of the first 4 days of this year we have had wind gusts 40 and above.

Since November 1 we have had 13 days with wind gusts 40 and above... That is 20% of the days... That means on average every 5 days we get a 40+

Here is a summary of the 40+ wind gust days since 11/1...

Screenshot_20190104-181942_Facebook.jpg

Latest posts