SFR - Cliff Mass Weather Blog

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
I'm going to keep tabs on this thread so we can return to it when our abundant snowpack melts off two months early and the forest are on fire.

Cliff needs to rise above his petty feud before he writes a check he can't cash...

jasmillo

Seems like weather just hit later this year. Rivers were crazy low all fall and I was applying sunscreen on nearly all my trips chasing chum and SRC in October and November.

I’m usually 3-4 power outages in by Thanksgiving.....

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
We had a power outage out here at the beach last night. The front was roaring thru and picked up steam around midnight. Wind gusts suddenly picked up even more, waking me up as a squall blasting thru sounded like firehoses blasting my house, and then a huge double flash of lightening lit everything up with a nearly simultaneous and deafening double thunderclap...then everything went dark....except for a single blue LED flashing from my "patient monitor." The rest of the universe was so black due to heavy cloud cover and no moon, that a tiny blue LED was as disturbing as if it were a cop car parked right next to my bed. I threw a T-shirt over it and went back to sleep. Power came back on at 9:12 am here.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Today wasn't bad, since I was indoors:p I'm leaving town tomorrow morning with good tailwinds, and probably driving into a gale when I return in the evening. Friday looks good, though.

Skip Enge

The weather is something i watch...Here in SW WA...it has been exceedingly warm for the season...Ellen just emailed me and looked at a long range forecast...We are going to plant some cool weather and short grow time Asian greens and arugula...Normally we just wait it out until March and I put up the greenhouse and get heat in it and plant main spring and summer seed...Looks much warmer here until sometime in Feb...warmer is 4igh 40's to mid 50's F...

Latest posts