FS Looking for 2/3 wt rods and reels for NM "Rivers" and Streams

You might have heard of my sister, Susan - she was a prosecuting attorney in Dona Ana county for 24 years. And here's my favorite (and only) claim to fame: Susanna Martinez used to babysit my daughter before she became Governor, and my grandkid, once, after she became the Governor.

2wt and 3wt would be a bit too light for the winds around there.
3 and 4 wt is about all you need for any stream within a half days drive. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you are interested in the local fly fishing club. They do a lot of cool meet ups and volunteering. I know most everything fishable within 3-4 hrs of las cruces.

You might have heard of my sister, Susan - she was a prosecuting attorney in Dona Ana county for 24 years. And here's my favorite (and only) claim to fame: Susanna Martinez used to babysit my daughter before she became Governor, and my grandkid, once, after she became the Governor.

2wt and 3wt would be a bit too light for the winds around there.
In the Spring, when the wind and dust kick up, 2/3 wt would definitely be too light on open NM lakes and the Rio Grande, but on the Gila and small streams I expect it to be a good wt. We'll see. After spending the last few years fishing on the Hoh, this is the other end of the continuum, for certain. I've accepted some offers by PM for 4-wt rods, but still want to try lighter, too.

Last edited:
Shout out to thank "Yak", "Richard E", "nb_ken" and "yellowlab" who are terrific sellers on the forum. Everything I bought was exactly as described or better, very quickly delivered. To the rest who replied, some of your offers I am still thinking about, mostly 'cuz the quality of your gear to my skill equation is not in balance. :) Cheers to all. Mark

Afraid I do not know what "Lol One" stands for in Sage's line-up. If you mean a Sage One 8'2" 3-wt, new they were around $800 but I've seen clearance prices around $500 on the web. I believe you meant to type a "Sage" Platinum 4230 reel (they're going for around $130 on eBay lately) plus Orvis Hydros line. What are you looking to get on the combo? Mark

Latest posts