Trip Report Lake Como, Italy

I was there in June 2010. I asked the guys casting spoons off a pier what they were fishing for and got blank stares :p.
Sorry, not much help I know.

Beautiful place with lots of beautiful people to match! If you’ll be renting a car, drive fast like the locals (think Bond movies) or die. The dark, one-way tunnels will hone your skills.

You’ll be eating and drinking well while there. I’m envious - enjoy your trip!
Ciao!

Dave Boyle

Looking for fishing intel.

Going in May/June. Staying on the lake 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.
Arghhhh!! you got me all excited. One of my brothers is about to retire there and I'll be visiting him next yr...As I understand it from him, there's some rivers with potentially brown trout fishing but as to pressure, local licenses, etc I have no idea. I'll be there end of June, if all goes to plan.

Dave

I was there May of 2017 and remember seeing carp in the shallows. Beautiful place, make sure to visit the "farmers market" for the best cheese and meat.

Looking for fishing intel.

Going in May/June. Staying on the lake 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.
Beautiful place. I was there for about a week at the end of October. Didn't do any fishing as I didn't bring any gear. All the research I found was for pike and walleye. Although there are Browns and Bows. What I really wanted to do was flyfish for carp. They were everywhere. Most within easy casting range.
I stayed in Bellagio and visited Varenna and Mennagio.

Attachments

Beautiful place. I was there for about a week at the end of October. Didn't do any fishing as I didn't bring any gear. All the research I found was for pike and walleye. Although there are Browns and Bows. What I really wanted to do was flyfish for carp. They were everywhere. Most within easy casting range.
I stayed in Bellagio and visited Varenna and Mennagio.
Oops fat fingered a pic from Okanogan deer hunt.

cingras53

Pursuer of trout, stripers, grouse and turkey
When i was in Bellagio i was staring down into the water and saw some decent fish cruising and looking up. They did not look like trout but possibly bass. I think they are good fly targets. On the boat trip to Bellagio I saw a couple of boat fishermen using spin gear.

Latest posts