FS Flies - lots of them - downsizing my collection

Poff

During the past 15 years or so, I have developed quite the collection of flies. Unfortunately, based on my collection, it appears that I have spent more time buying flies than fishing. It's time to downsize my collection. Most of these flies are store bought. Most are new. Some are used. Many I don't know the proper names and I don't know the sizes. If you need me to check sizes, I can do so. I've tried to include a quarter and dime in photos for perspective.

Prices below don't include shipping. I figured it would be easier to work out shipping based upon the number of lots someone wanted to buy. Willing to ship to USA only.

All prices listed below are as listed or best offer. While I find it fairly easy to list a price for a fly rod or reel, flies seem a bit more challenging. I have too many flies and do want to sell these. I'd be willing to negotiate for multiple lots.

Flies still available

Lot 02--- Approximately 60 flies: egg patterns. $29 obo

Pic 18--- Betts poppers and panfish flies. While I use Betts poppers and bream flies for bluegill/sunfish/small bass, I certainly don't need to have as many as I do. These flies are surprisingly expensive, so I don't want to give them away, but I also don't need all of them. Would like to sell the poppers at $1.50. The lower end retail on the poppers ranges between $2.50-$3.50. Bass Pro and others are higher. Bream flies retail $1.30-$2.30; would like to get $0.75 each.

Note: There are 80 remaining poppers available.

Note: The following bream flies remain. 1 dozen Betts Busy Bees; 3 dozen Betts Bees

Sold or Sold Pending Payment

Sold. Lot 01--- Approximately 60 flies: hoppers and similar patterns. $36
Sold.
Lot 03--- Approximately 14 flies: mostly stonefly patterns. $7
Sold.
Lot 04--- Approximately 50 flies: dry flies (including 8 stimulators). $25
Sold.
Lot 05--- Approximately 60 flies: dry flies (including 8 stimulators).
$30
Sold.
Lot 06--- Approximately 40 flies: dry flies (including 10 damsel/dragonfly). $20
Sold.
Lot/Pic 07--- Betts dry flies (black ants, red ants, white ants, yellow sally, black gnats, willow drake?, royal coachman). Let me know which flies and quantities you want to buy and we can work something out per piece. Probably $0.50 to $1.00 each depending on fly.
Sold. Lot/Pic 08--- Picture of deceiver flies: larger (white with black head) is size 4/0 (qty 24 available - still in wrapper) $1.75 each.
Sold. Lot/Pic 08--- Picture of deceiver flies: smaller (white and red with red head) (6 available [2 in wrapper; 4 not in wrapper]) package says size 2A. Not sure what they meant.
$10
Sold.
Lot 09--- Five (5) flies: mouse patterns $5
Sold.
Lot 10--- Six (6) flies: streamers $20
Sold.
Lot 11--- flies: Bow River buggers. 1 dozen olive tail $18
Sold.
Lot 12--- Thirty seven (37) flies: Bow River buggers 1 dozen olive tail, 1 dozen black tail + 13 natural tail streamers, $54
Sold.
Lot 13--- Twenty-four (24) flies: 1 dozen natural tail streamer + Bow River buggers 6 olive tail & 6 black tail $36
Sold.
Lot 14--- Updated (photo now appears as the last photo) --- Twenty nine (29) flies: streamer assortment: The 19 flies (not including the ten wooly buggers -green or black) are new, store bought. The ten wooly buggers (green or black) include some that have been used and/or were not store bought; still fishable :) $20
Spoken for. Lot 15--- Approximately 70 flies: FREE for someone for their 8-15 year old child who is new to fly fishing. This is a hodge podge of flies. Many are used. Condition varies.
Sold. Lot 16--- Seventeen (17) flies: 2 flies bought for Umpqua steelhead + assorted streamers (including 8 rabbit streamers, 2 Bow River buggers + others) $20
Sold.
Lot 17--- Approximately 120 flies: bought almost all these flies from this forum. Wide variety of streamers, a few tube flies, mouse flies. I think many of these have been in the water before. (Lot 17 complete photo, Lot 17a and 17b are closeups). $60

Attachments

Last edited:

Coug84

Go Cougs!!!
I have nephew and niece 7and 9 years old whom I like to introduce fly fishing but it can go to someone has a child who is fly fishing already.

Poff

I have nephew and niece 7and 9 years old whom I like to introduce fly fishing but it can go to someone has a child who is fly fishing already.
Sounds good to me. They’re yours to share with your nephew and niece.

Last edited:

Poff

Thanks to everyone who has purchased flies from my ‘way to many’ collection. 11 lots sold so far.

I reorganized the post and separated the sold from the still available entries.

Latest posts