Trip Report Fly Fishing the Salt with South Sound Skiffs

Molson

Flyboy
So I felt like I needed a day off and Nick Clayton of South Sound Skiffs was offering a great deal on the forum to guide folks, so it seemed like the perfect reason not to go to work on Monday. Boy was I right! Not only was it a great day to be on the water weather wise, but a great day to spend with an expert showing me the ropes on fishing for SRC and Coho in the salt. Although I managed to lose my share of hookups, we did manage to land some very nice SRC and a couple Coho too. We fished basically sun up till sun down pretty hard and time passed in what seemed like a couple hours at most. The day was a real treasure and now I am pretty sure I need either a Scott Radian or Meridian after thoroughly field testing both rods.
If you think you might like to try fishing the salt on the fly, I highly recommend giving Nick a call. You cant make a better choice as he obviously loves to share his passion for this fishery. I hope to repeat again soon.

Attachments

nailbender

Hey Mark.... Found the coho we were looking for the other day :)

Great video Nick. I think stuff like that is so much cooler than watching a guy catch a fish. The older I get the more fun it is for me to just watch fish or game just doing what they do, in a natural setting. My favorite is watching salmon and trout crashing bait right up on the beach. Almost more fun than catching them, almost :).

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock